Technology Innovation Project Manager
Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc. (BPMI) is seeking several Technology Innovation Project Managers for its Schenectady, NY location.
BPMI is a prime contractor for the United States Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program (NNPP). We are a project engineering organization responsible for providing design, manufacturing, and procurement management for the fabrication, testing, delivery, installation, and field support of high-quality nuclear power plant components for installation in submarines and aircraft carriers.
The Technology Innovation Program Manager will work closely with Engineering and Contracts Professionals to manage the identification, development, and implementation of new technologies within the products and services provided by BPMI and its suppliers. Functioning both independently, and as part of a team, the Technology Innovation Program Manager will coordinate activities from various technical project leads to manage and coordinate activities that support the goals of reducing fabrication cost, and increasing speed to market, while enabling greater product capability. Duties will include the following: developing and maintaining technology development plans and milestones; problem resolution as part of integrated engineering/contracts teams; development and preparation of project plans and metric reports; resource management and planning; extensive communications within BPMI, as well as the customer and supplier personnel.
• B.S. degree in Engineering, such as Manufacturing, Industrial, or Mechanical, or applicable technical field such as Materials, Chemistry or Physics, from an accredited college or university.
• 4 or more years of program management experience, with experience in resource planning/budgeting, leading process improvement initiatives and projects.
• A proven track record of effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Teams, Office, SharePoint.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Project, or other project management software.
• Project management training or certification a plus.
• Experience in leading multi-disciplined technical and project teams.
• Must be a U.S. citizen due to government security clearance requirements. In order to work at BPMI, applicants must complete a Federal background investigation and be granted a security clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
In accordance with BPMI’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, BPMI may adopt mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols including a mask mandate and social distancing. Please speak with your BPMI Talent Acquisition Professional during the application/interview process if you have any questions regarding any potential COVID requirements.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Competitive Health Care, Dental, and Vision
• Defined Contribution Retirement Plans
o 401(k) Plan with company match
o Capital Accumulation Plan (CAP) with company contribution
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• 9/80 work schedule option
• Competitive Vacation and Holidays
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Continuing Education and Training