Access Network Designer I
Design coaxial networks in new or existing areas using a variety of architectures as needed. Use experience and knowledge of coax networks to maintain spec and project files as needed for accurate and efficient designs. Coordinate workflow from GIS to staff at corporate and regional sites.
- Design and draft access networks throughout the Midco footprint in new or existing systems while utilizing industry and Midco standards.
- Support all types of coaxial network designs including greenfield, extensions, as-builts, node splits, and upgrades.
- Draft structure network and maintain data integrity within the dataset.
- Interpret redline drawings and information from field personnel.
- Collaborate with other designers and field staff.
- Edit, manipulate, and maintain geographic data using GIS software.
- Maintain computer database records for data files and GIS layer information.
- Support new services and technologies through coaxial design.
- Generate presentation quality maps using GIS software.
- Perform quality assurance to ensure design and drafting standards are being maintained.
- Maintain documentation showing design and drafting standards.
- Train and educate other Midco employees on coax design principles and techniques
- Participate in all phases of a project’s life-cycle. Document project activity, communication, schedules and progress.
- Support ongoing data development and special analysis for telecommunication projects.
- Provide weekly, monthly and annual reports.
- Support project design schedules, meetings and resources effectively.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and strategies, initiatives and projects of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility, and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem-solving, critical-thinking and decision-making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that develops positive relationships with team members, customer and leadership.
- Adhere to and actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in designing coaxial and/or fiber access networks is required.
- Degree or certificate program in GIS technologies or equivalent experience preferred.
- Skilled in using ESRI and ArcGIS software solutions and applications is preferred.
- Working knowledge of GNSS data collection, GIS principles and methodologies preferred.
- Read and comprehend other design architectures using GIS based tools.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- Be available to travel to locations across Midco’s service footprint.
- Is the leading provider of reliable, high-speed internet via fiber and fixed wireless technology, serving 460,000 homes and businesses in 400 communities across the Midwest.
- Provides exceptional customer experience and a superior network, while being a force for good in the communities we serve.
- Delivers TV services including Midco Sports (a regional sports network), phone, data center and advertising services, plus wholesale networking solutions.
Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free Midco internet & TV
- Great opportunities to get involved in volunteerism
- Generous 401(k) match and paid time away from work programs
- And many more
Visit Midco.com/Careers to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view our full EEO and federal contractor supplemental posters, please refer to Midco.com/Federal Posters.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)