Visual Resource Specialist/Environmental Planner
POWER Engineers’ Environmental Division provides planning, permitting, engineering, site assessment and corrective action services to clients worldwide. Across multiple industries, our diverse staff specialize in the areas of air, water, waste, ecological and cultural resources throughout our offices located across the country and internationally.
We are seeking a highly motivated, Visual Resource Specialist/Environmental Planner for full-time employment in our growing Boise, Idaho office in support of our Pacific Environmental Planning/Project Management Department. This position would assist the Visual Resource/Environmental Planning Team on electrical infrastructure and renewable energy generation permitting projects in the Pacific Northwest and across the country. New graduates are encouraged to apply.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
· Assist senior staff in preparation of visual assessment technical analysis and technical reports in support of energy infrastructure (wind, solar, electrical transmission, pipeline) routing and siting studies, environmental reporting, and federal/state/local permitting
· Travel to perform field assessments to collect data on existing visual conditions and evaluated potential visual impacts of energy infrastructure projects consistent with applicable agency guidelines and methodologies
· Work with visualization and GIS teams in the development of photo simulations, animations, maps, graphics, and other communication tools
· Interface and coordinate with internal Project Managers/Staff, clients, and sub-contractors
· Interface and coordinate with agency Landscape Architects, Recreation Planners, and other resource staff
· Research local, state, and federal permitting requirements
· Participate in industry and resource specific training, conferences, and events to expand resource knowledge and market services
· Performs other duties as assigned
· This position requires a BS degree in Landscape Architecture, Environmental Planning, Urban Planning, Regional Planning, or related degree .
· Master’s Degree in one of the fields above equivalent to 2 years’ experience
· 0 to 3 years of experience
· Knowledge and interest in federal, state, and local environmental policy and regulation; specifically federal visual resource management methodologies (Bureau of Land Management [BLM]-Visual Resource Management [VRM]; U. S. Forest Service [USFS] Scenery Management System [SMS]; Bureau of Ocean Energy Management [BOEM] visual impact methodology; Federal Highways Administration [FHWA] Visual Impact Assessment Guidance)
· Superior writing and analytical skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team and collaborative environment, both internally and with clients
· Ability to attend and participate in open house and public meeting environments or meetings with interested stakeholders
· Ability to do aerial imagery interpretation and understand engineering drawings and topographical maps
· Knowledge and experience with Google Earth, ArcGIS, digital SLR cameras, and GPS equipment is a plus
· Ability to travel for extended periods at a time (1-2 weeks)
· Ability to hike or walk to collect photography and data
· Possession of a valid motor vehicle driver’s license
· Self-starter willing to tackle a variety of tasks simultaneously
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
At POWER Engineers, you can have a rewarding career on every level. Our philosophy is simple: Do Good. Have Fun. Build Success.
EOE, including disability/vets