General Manager Intern - MBA (Summer 2023, Hollister)
The role of the General Manager Intern will be to assist in managing the day-to-day activities of Pacific Scientific Energetic Materials Company programs including oversight of cost, schedule, contract requirements and program execution. Oversee production execution and lead program meetings. Assist with proposal coordination and input for new business capture efforts. Be responsible for customer interface and communication to program teams. Must be comfortable leading a wide variety of programs with aggressive cost and schedule requirements. Must have the desire and ability lead a highly technical team of engineers.
- 2 Years in Aerospace or defense or an interest in sector
- Candidate must be currently enrolled in a Master’s in Business Administration (or similar major) OR enrolled in an advanced degree program in related major, and returning to school upon completion of the assignment
- Basic Knowledge of Aerospace and Defense (A&D) Business
- Experience in project management with ability to effectively lead a team to accomplish critical strategic objectives.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of personnel and internal and external customers.
- Experience in new business development, proposal management, design to cost and price to win, and supporting capture management.
- Innovative problem solver that can resolve issues Knowledge on project and program management methodology and techniques.
- Understanding of program execution and how program performance effects business operations.
- Ability to accomplish business / program goals without day-to-day direction / tasking.
- Knowledge on budgeting, earned value management, and resource allocation.
- Working knowledge of program cost/scheduling tools (Microsoft Project, SAP, Visual.).
- Limited Program management experience or understanding managing sustaining or development programs.
- Limited experience or understanding in managing programs with subcontracts key to program performance
- Ability to communicate across multiple disciplines to provide leadership and vision for the program Motivational, mentorship, and negotiation skills necessary to achieve program performance.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously