R000029783 2022-2023: PSAT Commercial Business Summer Intern (Evergreen) (Open)
This position analyzes market fundamentals, global trade flows, competitor activity and industry growth to support Chevron’s refined products trading team.
An Intern performs work for the functions/groups to which these students or recent graduates are assigned. (Note: Interns in this Job Category are paid for overtime where legally required. For U.S. payroll interns who are not exempt from the requirements of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Contact HR-Total Rewards for guidance). Supports clients/customers and assists with functional projects under regular supervision. Has a general knowledge of the work function.This position analyzes market fundamentals, global trade flows, competitor activity and industry growth to support Chevron’s refined products trading team.
Internship will be located in Houston, TX
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Partner with Commercial Analysts and Traders to support supply/demand and global arbitrage modeling
- Evaluate market flows / pricing, competitor activity and other industry information to support and to provide insights into trading efforts
- Proactively share information quickly and collaboratively
- Perform lookback analysis on trading performance or historical analysis of market fundamentals to enhance learning for trading team and to improve accuracy of tools / models
- Microsoft Excel and Power Point skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organization skills
- Digital mindset and innovative thinker
- Power Bi skills and experience using Python to manage, analyze and visualize data
- Experience identifying market trends
- Understanding of refining value chain
- Analytical Skills: Demonstrated ability to utilize analytical tools and processes to analyze data
- Business Acumen: Experience identifying market trends. An understanding of the refining value chain
- Align & Inspire: Proactively shares information quickly and collaboratively
- Deliver Results: Demonstrated ability to execute on defined tactics/strategies efficiently
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.