Corporate Strategy Analyst, Intern - 2023
At Jack Henry, we deliver technology solutions that are digitally transforming and empowering community banks and credit unions to provide enhanced and streamlined user experiences to their customers and members. Our best-in-class products are just the start as we lay the groundwork for the future of digital banking and payments. We hope you’ll join us. We can’t do it without you.
As a Corporate Strategy Analyst, Intern, you will join a team of accomplished analysts on Jack Henry's Corporate Strategy Team who provide industry research and thought leadership to C-Suite and line of business leadership to inform, drive, and unify enterprise and technology solution strategy. Jack Henry's Corporate Strategy Team delivers market intelligence and advisory to benefit the enterprise, clients, and community-based financial institutions (e.g., banks and credit unions).
Through this internship, you will have a strong platform to launch your career in providing strategic leadership and insights to drive solutions that accelerate company growth. You will gain an in-depth understanding of the company's various business units and supporting functions, as well as better understand the competitive landscape associated with our business. The chosen candidate will partner at multiple levels within Jack Henry to execute, plan, and coordinate best in class corporate strategies. This position reports directly to the Director of Corporate Strategy.
This position will be full-time hours (40 hours per week) and can be worked remotely or out of any of our Jack Henry office locations. This position pays $22.00/hour and has a start date of June 5, 2023. The ten-week program will conclude on August 11, 2023.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Identifying and investigating acquisition opportunities and strategic business alliances that are in line with the organization's long-range goals.
- Conducting analysis of complex information to assist in the identification of the company strengths, weaknesses, and business opportunities.
- Identification of segmentation, business plan development, and performance analysis and evaluation.
- Performing fintech/vendor evaluations to inform build/buy/partner/invest decisions taken by the Corporate Leadership Team.
- Tracking and analyzing market data to identify trends/opportunities mapped against enterprise strengths/weaknesses.
- Recommending strategic direction from market information.
- Creating compelling research presentations/briefings for executives and business units.
What you’ll need to have:
- Currently enrolled at an accredited university.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration and Management, Management Information Systems, Accounting, or International Business.
- An identified graduation date of December 2023 or May 2024.
- Be able to work 40 hours per week throughout the ten-week program with minimum absences throughout the ten-week program.
- Meet legal requirements to work in the U.S. for an indefinite period without any sponsorship.
What would be nice for you to have:
- Pursuing a graduate degree or professional certificate, in addition to an undergraduate degree.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to self-direct and manage projects, interact and build relationships across the organization at different levels of seniority.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate, and form independent judgments and think creatively.
- Basic understanding of the FinTech industry.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement on this posting, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet motivated people who align with Jack Henry’s mission and can contribute to our company in a variety of ways.
Why Jack Henry?
Jack Henry's internship program offers specialized training for individuals still developing their skills through college/university program. Through Jack Henry’s internship program, interns will partner with the industry’s best talent to produce highly visible results that impact the business and Jack Henry’s customers. Interns will receive paid on the job training through mentorship and hands-on learning experiences that will build upon and expand their current professional skillset.
Culture of Commitment
Ask our associates why they love Jack Henry, and many will tell you it is because our culture is exceptional. We do great things together. Rising to meet challenges and seeking opportunities is part of who we are as an organization. Our culture has helped us stay strong through challenging times and we credit our dedicated associates for our success. Visit our Corporate Responsibility site to learn more about our culture and commitment to our people, customers, community, environment, and shareholders.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Jack Henry, we know we are better together. We value, respect, and protect the uniqueness each of us brings. Innovation flourishes by including all voices and makes our business—and our society—stronger. Jack Henry is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, performance management, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, education, training, social, and recreational activities to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military and veteran status, or any other protected status protected by local, state or federal law.
No one will be subject to, and Jack Henry prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of incidents of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim, or cooperating in related investigations.