Ameren Services provides administrative support and services to Ameren Corporation and its operating companies, subsidiaries and affiliates. Nearly 1,400 employees serve the company with business planning, communications, diversity, financial support, human resources, information technology, legal counsel, safety and supply services.
The summer intern is responsible for assisting the Strategic Planning team with the thought-leadership, development and execution of Ameren's corporate strategy and related processes and deliverables, including for the Board of Directors and senior leadership.
This is a May – August Internship in St. Louis, MO.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist with formulating Ameren's position related to corporate strategy and risk by working with co-workers across Ameren's segments (Business & Corporate Services, Ameren Missouri, Ameren Illinois, and Ameren Transmission) in order to gain alignment and traction.
- Participate in the development of the Ameren strategy outlining the various paths for growth and risks associated with each path.
- Assist with the development and implementation of an enterprise-wide approach for performance management providing linkages between Ameren's strategy and corporate scorecard and the business segment plans and operating scorecards.
- Participate in the process to refresh the five-year business plan for Business & Corporate Services which may include facilitation of departments' strategic planning processes, organization of business plan materials, and communications to leaders across the business.
- Work with other Ameren Segments to assist in crafting strong, coordinated 5-year business plans.
- Bring a business / entrepreneurial mindset to look for fundamental competitive advantages and reach for market disruptors and discontinuities.
- Conduct targeted data analysis and develop insights in order to identify trends, actions, future product policy / technical / technology needs.
- Identify opportunities as well as threats and evaluate multiple options; provide recommendations complete with risk analysis.
- Translate market research data to identify customer, industry, and technology trends and assess market prospects.
- Must be a current student pursuing a degree from an accredited college or university is required
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 is required but a 3.0 or higher is preferred
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong written, oral and presentation skills. Exceptional financial acumen.
- Ability to manage multiple analyses simultaneously, balance details against “big picture” issues and think critically to solve complex problems.
- Ability to communicate well with others and comfortable working on ambiguous team projects.