12+ Fellow: College and Career Advisor
For nearly a decade, 12+ has worked with thousands of high-school students to access new opportunities after graduation. Whether it’s attending a college, learning a trade, or entering the workforce, at 12+, we believe in every student’s potential for success.
Our organization’s impact begins with the Fellows Initiative. Each year, we recruit a cohort of passionate young professionals who guide students through their post-secondary journey. Utilizing their own unique experiences, Fellows introduce their students to a world of ideas, perspectives, and opportunities. They greet each student on the first day of school, meet with them throughout the year to discuss their dreams, and cheer them on as they cross the stage at graduation. They are mentors, tutors, advocates, and trusted friends.
The Fellows Initiative is a 10-month engagement that opens a channel for professionals to not only impact the culture of Philadelphia and Camden public schools but also develop an understanding of these school systems. As a Fellow, you will serve on the frontlines of our mission, empowering students to break through the barriers in their path.
We challenge you to expect more from our schools, our students, and yourself. Join us in trailblazing the way toward equal educational opportunity.
Under the leadership of their Site Director, Fellows implement school-wide 12+ programming, with a specific focus on our FLIGHT (post-secondary access) program geared towards Juniors and Seniors.
Fellows also plan and execute school-wide, culture-building events such as College Week and Career Day. Most importantly, Fellows are tasked with building personal relationships with individual students, transforming student mindsets, and empowering them to succeed in education beyond the 12th grade.
The ideal 12+ Fellow possesses:
- Interpersonal skills to work with youth, teachers, and administrators
- A willingness to learn, adapt, and step out of one's comfort zone
- Strong communication skills when working with a small team or stakeholders
- Volunteer or professional experience in advising, teaching, or community engagement
- A Bachelor's or Associate's degree from an accredited college or university OR a certificate from an accredited non-profit trade program with one year of relevant experience
12+ Fellows receive year-long professional development as well as the opportunity to work directly with senior staff through our Mentorship program. Fellows can expect to develop professional skills through programming and curriculum writing, networking and collaborating with stakeholders, nonprofit development, and more. To learn more about our Fellows’ experience, please read our current Fellows’ blog.
12+ is an equal-opportunity employer dedicated to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We strongly encourage candidates of color, LGBTQ communities, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.
How to Apply
- Fill visit www.12plus.org/fellowsinitiative to fill out the application
- Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter to Brianna Christian (firstname.lastname@example.org) under the subject heading "12+ Fellowship Application - [YourName]"
- Applications are now open and will be accepted on a rolling basis until all positions are filled
- For more information, please contact Brianna with any questions.
Pay: From $2,000.00 per month
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Associate (Preferred)
- Working with students: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
Work Location: One location