Entry Level Water Engineer - Wakefield
Arcadis is currently seeking an Entry-Level Water Engineer to join our world-class firm in Wakefield, MA. If you are self-motivated, team-oriented, and flexible, and possess the initiative and ability to take on new projects and other challenges regularly, this position may be for you!
- Evaluate, plan, design and support management of projects for water/wastewater/ stormwater treatment and conveyance (pipelines and pumping facilities).
- Identify and advance green infrastructure and other nature-based solutions to address stormwater quantity and quality
- Assess, develop, and support management of sustainability and resilience projects.
- Exercises judgment on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives
- Perform fieldwork activities such as site visits, construction inspection, sampling, water quality analyses, asset inventory, flow monitoring set-up and monitoring, and technology evaluations.
- Support Asset Management projects performing data analytics, operational and organizational assessments, condition assessments and overall performance evaluations of water/wastewater/stormwater facilities
- Preparation of reports, presentations, and other audio-visual materials, and participate in client meetings.
- Use digital tools to enhance customer experience, team and client collaboration, and project delivery including configuration and deployment of SharePoint, Building Information Modeling (BIM), Power BI, and Augmented Reality, as well as designing and managing databases and cloud-based computing services
Qualifications & Experience:
What skills/ attributes do you need?
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and work ethic
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and team-oriented, with the ability to work successfully both independently and within a team
- Strong technical writing ability and educational background
- Ability to balance and address new challenges as they arise
- Knowledge of engineering concepts, theories, and practices related to water/wastewater/stormwater
- Excellent technical aptitude with a familiarity/ experience with CAD, AutoCAD, Revit
- BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering or a closely related field of study.
- EIT or ability to obtain EIT shortly after starting at Arcadis
- Prior work/internship experience at a design or consulting engineering firm or municipal work environment.
- Experience using AutoCAD and Revit