Overland pharmaceuticals- Research Assistant/Lab Manager
Position: Research Assistant/Lab Manager
Location: On-site in South San Francisco
Department: Cell Therapy Platform Research
Overland Pharmaceuticals is seeking a Research Assistant/Lab Manager to join its research team. The successful candidate will play an important role in cultivating an enjoyable working environment and in developing cutting-edge, life-saving allogeneic cell therapies. Overland Pharmaceuticals will offer boundless opportunities, supportive environment, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support day-to-day lab operations to ensure that all aspects of the R&D lab work efficiently.
· Order and maintain proper stocking of common lab supplies.
· Work collaboratively with scientists and support the R&D team with hands on experimental help.
· Oversee lab organization, lab storage, space allocation and waste management.
· Ensure lab safety, EH&S and any other required Federal and local regulatory compliance.
· Demo/onboard new instrument, track and ensure proper preventative service and troubleshooting.
· Operate and maintain key lab equipment such as flow cytometry and cell sorter.
· Coordinate lab staff onboarding and offboarding.
· Write SOP, maintain accurate, organized, detailed lab and operation records.
· Organize group activities to build a supporting and caring company culture.
- B.S. / M.S. in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, Immunology or related field.
- 0-5 years of relevant R&D experience. Title commensurate with skills and experience.
- A strong background in cell biology techniques including BSL2 aseptic cell culture is preferred.
- Knowledge and direct experience with human immune cells culture and flow cytometry is desirable.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team with diverse background.
- Ability to multitask and adapt to evolving priorities.
- Demonstrated drive, curiosity, scientific rigor, and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Passionate about your work, self-motivated with the ability to take ownership and deliver results.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in writing and communicating in English. Able to present data effectively
About Overland Pharmaceuticals
Founded in 2020, Overland Pharmaceuticals is establishing a leading cross-border platform company focused on advanced modalities through strategic partnering and in-house R&D. Seeded by Hillhouse Capital with access to the global innovation and biopharma ecosystem, Overland is building an initial oncology portfolio of first-in-class allogeneic cell therapies and ADC programs through strategic partnerships with Allogene and ADC Therapeutics. In particular, Overland is establishing GMP manufacturing facilities and expanding our cell therapy platform to focus on next-generation iPSC-based cell therapies to serve global patients.