Structural Design Engineering Intern
Piper Aircraft, Inc. is a manufacturer of general aviation aircraft located at the Vero Beach Municipal Airport in Vero Beach, Florida. Realize your full potential in our dynamic and fast-paced environment where ideas, talents, and experiences are valued.
As a leader in the General Aviation industry, we are growing rapidly and have several exciting positions available right now, including an Engineering Intern in our Avionics, Electrical, and Software Engineering group.
Join the Piper Aircraft team as an Intern and find out what it’s like to develop creative solutions that redefine the aircraft industry. As a world-renowned General Aviation leader, we offer a rewarding and valuable experience that will help prepare you for your future career. Internships with us are a hands-on, real-time work experience that contributes directly to the bottom line and brings you right into the heart of the aerospace industry.
The Piper Aircraft Intern Program affords students the ability to:
- Learn and gain practical experience in a hands-on environment
- Work on projects and programs currently in progress at Piper Aircraft, which allows the intern to apply the knowledge that contributes to the overall business
- Earn a competitive salary during the program
- Gain possible future employment
Prepare drawings, Engineering Orders (EO), and specifications in a standardized format for use by Manufacturing in reproducing a product which will be in conformance to approved Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) type data, adhering to Records and Release procedures. This is an entry level technical role to research, design, develop, analyze, and test a variety of mechanical/aerospace structures for production and experimental aircraft.
- Create solid models of parts and installations using NX.
- Create/update detail and assembly drawings and installations including bills of materials using NX.
- Create Engineering Orders (EOs) and Engineering Work Orders (EWOs).
- Create/update Process Specifications.
- Create Trade Study presentations on system upgrades/modifications
- Support Bench Test and Ground Test activities
- Interface with other engineering groups.
- Support Production in the troubleshooting of assembly and operational problems.
- Perform other related duties as required
About Piper Aircraft
Piper Aircraft Inc. is a world leader in the development and certification of personal aircraft since the 1930s. Our product line of aircraft models extends from single and multi-engine personal and training aircraft to a world-renowned single-engine turboprop known for its performance, quality, simple operation, and outstanding handling.
Candidate to be proficient with Microsoft Windows file operations and Microsoft office, have a working level for data entry into existing spreadsheets, Familiarity with 3D and 2D CAD, Siemens NX preferred (Knowledge of CATIA, SOLIDWORKS or AUTOCAD are acceptable alternatives), and physically able to move in and out of the office/plant without restrictions.