Introduction – Job Mission
The Reliability and Design for Six Sigma internship will work on a project to determine the optimal chromium layer thickness for one of the parts manufactured in San Diego for the EUV Source. They will work hands on in the lab with a team of reliability engineers, root cause engineers and manufacturing engineers to examine past failures and determine ways to avoid those failures through spec generation.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
• Work closely with cross-functional groups to qualify materials, perform life time testing, and improve performance of EUV source components.
• Validates concepts through experiments.
• Collaboratively investigates scientific and technical problems and challenges; evaluates and recommends solutions.
• Operate thin film deposition equipment.
• Documents work results..
• You will have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
Education and Experience
Studying towards an advanced degree in Materials Science, Electrical/Mechanical/Industrial Engineering, Physics, or Chemistry.
· Required technical skills, knowledge and abilities:
o Hands on experience on thinfilm deposition processes and vacuum chambers such as Sputtering, PVD, and CVD.
o Nice to have: Experience in Design of Experiment
o Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
o Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems and solutions through written and/or graphical formats.
o Strong logical reasoning
o Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of clearly explaining technical issues and ideas to peers and management.
o Proficient in MS Office Applications specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
· Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
· Can learn and apply new information or skills.
· Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
· Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
· Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
· Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
· Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
· Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
· Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
· Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
· Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
· Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
· Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves for entire duration of shift.
· Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
· Can work under deadlines.
· The environment generally is moderate in temperature with moderate to high noise level.
· This must include references to day and night shifts for accommodation purposes.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.