DESIGN ENGINEER, LEVEL I
Join one of Traverse City's oldest and reputable consulting firms as a Design Engineer. As a smaller firm approaching 75 years in business, good relationships are essential to our culture and to our business. This position gives the applicant diverse opportunities to work on a wide array of project types while maintaining a healthy and flexible work schedule. As a Design Engineer at GFA, you will be a part of a growing team working on projects that have tangible impacts on the communities and clients we help.
Design various projects including roadways, site development and municipal
· Prepare design reports and construction plans using local, state, and federal standards
· Coordinate preparation of specifications and permit submittals
· Prepare preliminary project cost estimates and evaluate quantities
· Assist with/review scope, budget, and schedule of new project tasks
· Monitor task budget and progress
· Document design changes and communications
· Conduct on-site inspections and material testing as needed
· Prepare project status and other reports
· Assist in the preparation of proposals
· Assist Project Managers
· Attend client, public, project and staff meetings including client progress, plan review, pre-construction, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering required
- Engineering in Training Certification (E.I.T) Preferred
- 0-3 years of related experience required
- A valid driver's license required
- Experience or familiarity working with GIS, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and/or hydraulic and hydrology design programs preferred.
- Proficient in the use Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication and organization skills and eagerness to learn.
- Positive attitude and collaborative team minded values.
- Desire to solve challenging problems and help advance our clients.
Small town vibe, big teamwork, and just past our doors all that Northern Michigan offers. GFA offers competitive wages, benefits, a 401K program, health insurance, profit-sharing, company ownership opportunities, and a generous Earned Time Off allowance. GFA understands that employee success is often built on a foundation of a healthy work-life balance. With company outings, community volunteering events, and flexible work schedule opportunities, GFA strives to promote this balance.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to join the GFA team!
GFA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.