2023 Staff Accountant - St. Louis
Dare to be different? Are you looking to follow the herd, or do you see yourself as a trailblazer? If you’re ready to chart new territory, maybe it’s time to launch your professional career with a unique, well-paid full-time position at Novogradac & Company LLP.
Novogradac & Company LLP is searching for a Staff Accountant to join our fast-growing firm. Under close supervision, the Staff Accountant will complete a variety of tax, audit and other assignments as designated by the Supervisor or Manager. Some positions at Novogradac may be open to remote or hybrid work arrangements depending on business needs. Please discuss available options with your recruiter.
Your Contributions and Responsibilities
- Complete tax and/or audit engagements for designated clients as directed by your Supervisor or Manager
- Identify and communicate potential problem areas during engagements
- Conduct business-specific research – gather and analyze data, interpret results, compile reports and make recommendations to principals and partners
- Develop effective client relationships through professionalism and follow-through
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Your Background and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting or finance
- Up to 1 year of experience in public accounting or 1-3 years of experience in an internal accounting role, and/or appropriate balance of education and work experience
- Ability to sit for the CPA exam or passed sections of the CPA exam is a plus
- Exhibit a basic understanding of accounting and tax rules
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Perform work accurately and in a time-efficient manner, with strong attention to detail, organization and follow-through
- Ability to work under close supervision and accept constructive feedback, making adjustments as directed
- Ability to work collaboratively and foster a productive, team-oriented environment with both colleagues and clients
- Strong computer skills, including solid skill in the Microsoft Office suite (particularly Word & Excel) and report writing tools
- Maintain a professional demeanor with coworkers and clients
- Adhere to internal Firm deadlines (time entry)
- Able to contribute ideas and add value to designated team
- Available to work evenings and weekends based on position needs, and to travel domestically if required
Why work with us?
Our firm is committed to providing our people with opportunities to excel professionally. We believe in the importance of a welcoming work culture and quality work-life integration to support our staff as we grow together.
We’re leading the way to a better future of work culture.
- Increased number of paid holidays per year
- Competitive salaries with continuous review of market conditions
- Flexible working hours and work arrangements
- Remote and hybrid opportunities
- Expanding Social Impact department for a healthy, happy, inclusive and productive workplace
The benefits of joining our team
- Strong growth opportunities
- Competitive benefits package
- 401(k) package with firm profit-sharing
- Discretionary annual bonuses for eligible positions & CPA bonus plan
- Strong emphasis on quality work-life integration
- Dress for your day policy
- Resources of a national firm
Get to know us better!
Hello! We’re Novogradac & Company LLP, a national certified public accounting and consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco. Founded in 1989, the allied group of Novogradac companies has grown to more than 800 employees and partners with more than 25 offices throughout the country.
Novogradac & Company LLP is one of the nation’s top 40 certified public accounting and consulting firms and is a recognized leader in real estate and community development. Novogradac provides publicly and privately held national enterprises with a full spectrum of audit, tax, valuation, expert witness and litigation support, property compliance and general consulting services and works extensively in the affordable housing, community development, historic preservation and renewable energy fields.
Ready to learn more?
To be considered for this position, interested candidates MUST apply via our company website: http://careers.novoco.com/
Novogradac & Company LLP offers a progressive work environment, competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, life/disability insurance, commuter flex accounts and a 401(k).
Novogradac and Company LLP is an equal opportunity employer. Novogradac’s culture is centered on education, acceptance, innovation and opportunity. We value diversity and respect the different perspectives that each of our employees bring to Novogradac no matter their age, race, religion, gender identity or sexual orientation. We are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive workplace for our entire workforce.