Research Associate - Antibody Engineering
We are the leading technology provider for antibody-based drug discovery, focusing solely on our partners without pursuing an internal product pipeline. Since 2009, we have partnered with over 100 pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, generating more than 450 therapeutic programs, of which more than 55 have entered clinical trials. Our technology has been transferred and implemented at Biogen, GSK, Lilly, Merck, Novo Nordisk, and Takeda. Funded discovery partners include leading pharmaceutical companies, such as Boehringer Ingelheim, Celgene, Genentech, Gilead, Kyowa Hakko Kirin, Novartis, Roche, Sanofi, and others. We have also partnered with many early-stage venture-backed companies, including Amagma, Cullinan Oncology, Dragonfly, Pliant, Tizona, iTeos, and others, as well as mid- size public biopharmaceutical companies such as Acceleron, Alector, Five Prime, Innovent, Jounce, Mersana, Scholar Rock, Seagen, Surface Oncology, and others.
Our integrated antibody discovery and engineering platform provides unprecedented speed from antigen to purified, full-length human IgGs with exquisite specificity and biophysical behavior. We offer fundamental advantages by delivering diverse panels of therapeutically relevant antibodies that meet the most demanding standards for affinity, epitope coverage, species cross-reactivity, and developability. We enable our partners to rapidly expand their biologics pipelines through a broad spectrum of technology access arrangements.
We are seeking a skilled biologist/bioengineer to join our Antibody Engineering team. The Research Associate will work in a small team setting to support Adimab’s novel in vivo antibody discovery, maturation, and production platform. This bench-based role will closely interface with the Protein Analytics, High Throughput Expression, and Computational Biology teams.
- Lymphocyte sample handling and characterization
- Primary B cell analysis using flow cytometry
- Design of immunization schemes for in vivo antibody discovery campaigns
- Serological analyses using numerous methods, including ELISA and cell binding by flow cytometry
- Yeast propagation
- Single-cell and bulk RT-PCR
- Basic sequence analysis
- Construct yeast antibody libraries and perform selections
- Collect, organize, and analyze data
- Upkeep of lab reagents and stocks
- Collaborate with colleagues
Needed upon hire
- B.S. or M.S. in molecular biology, bioengineering, chemical engineering, or biochemistry plus a minimum of 1 year experience in an academic or industry setting
- Excellent quantitative skills with a mastery of Excel
- Hands on experience with basic laboratory techniques (e.g. PCR, stoichiometric calculations, sterile sample handling, sterile tissue culture). Flow cytometry experience is a plus.
- Ability to work independently at the lab bench within three months of hire
- Adaptable and productive in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively and openly with colleagues and supervisors
Come join us!
As a profitable privately-held biotech company, we take a long-term view on value creation and make substantial investments in technology development, research, and our people. We proudly promote meritocracy and reward employees who are productive, use their resources wisely, and make meaningful contributions to the team. We offer individually tailored compensation packages comprised of a competitive salary, meaningful equity, a 2:1 401(k) match, and comprehensive health care benefits.
Located in New Hampshire’s beautiful Upper Connecticut River Valley, we are minutes from Dartmouth College, the Geisel School of Medicine, the Thayer School of Engineering, the Tuck School of Business, and the Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center. We are fortunate to be situated in an area that is renowned for its premier skiing, hiking, and biking.