2023 Audit Associate - Chicago, IL
2023 Audit Associate - Chicago, IL
CohnReznick’s phenomenal growth has created exceptional career opportunities for talented advisory, assurance, and tax professionals. As one of the nation’s top public accounting and business advisory firms, you can join a team that thrives on innovation and values collaboration in everything we do!
We currently have an exciting career opportunity on our Audit team located in the downtown Chicago, IL office. We are looking for an entry-level Audit Associate to join our team, starting Fall 2023.
- Engagement Team: You will work closely on a mid-sized team with other Associates, Senior Associates, Managers, Senior Managers, and Partners
- Industries: Consumer & Industrial, Financial Sponsors & Financial Services, Life Sciences & Healthcare, Public Sector, Real Estate, Renewable Energy, Technology & Media, Private Client Services, and Cannabis
- Office: our CohnReznick office comes with amenities, collaborative spaces, and private offices
- Performance Coach: Will meet with you to establish goals, provide feedback and support to guide you along your career path of choice; Many of our current Senior Manager and Partners were once CR Associates themselves
- CR Friend: Will serve as a familiar face when you join the firm and someone you can always reach out to
- CPA Support: Up to $10,000 bonus for passing the CPA exam by the first anniversary of CohnReznick entry-level start date, reimbursement for testing materials and fees, paid study time, and more! *Please note additional conditions apply.
- Work-Life Blend: Up to 30 days of PTO depending on level & 17 days of paid holiday (including 2 shut down weeks off)
- Parental Leave: Up to 8 weeks following birth or placement of a child
- Flexibility: hybrid working environment with a home office stipend
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion = Belonging: Employee Resource Groups (CR Blac, PRIDE, WomenCAN, DEIB National Council). There are also opportunities to give back to the community through volunteerism
- Total Rewards: Competitive annual compensation, annual discretionary bonuses, referral & client bonuses, 401k Match with profit sharing contributions; Wellness resources, such as virtual mental & physical care program
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Become familiar with accounting and auditing procedures
- Perform procedures in accordance with firm standards in an accurate, thorough and timely manner
- Be responsible for assisting in areas of Audits, Reviews, Compilations, and Accounting Services.
- Work on a variety of client deliverables and preparing work papers
- Resolve audit issues obtaining evidence and making inquiries of clients
- Understand the client’s accounting systems
- Understand and apply concepts of materiality and audit risk
- Prepare work papers that are informative, well documented, cross-referenced and can easily be understood and explained
Successful Candidates will have:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Accounting
- Completed 150 credit hours to be licensed between December 2022 – December 2023
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in both your major and overall
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team-based culture
- Strong computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
After reviewing this job posting, are you hesitating to apply because you don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that we are less likely to apply to jobs unless we meet every single qualification. At CohnReznick, we are dedicated to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we still encourage you to apply.
You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
CohnReznick is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, clients, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include background check and credit check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at CRaccommodation@cohnreznick.com Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.