Software Development Intern
Requisition ID: 65568
NextEra Energy Resources is the world's largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun, and a world leader in battery storage. We provide energy-related products and services that grow our economy, protect the environment, support our communities and help customers meet their energy needs. We are leading the decarbonization of the U.S. economy with our goal to reach Real Zero carbon emissions from our operations by 2045 while improving customer affordability and reliability. Are you interested in creating a cleaner environment for future generations? Join our world-class, innovative team today.
Position Specific Description
EverBright is driving the clean energy revolution through its industry-leading residential solar software platform and financing program. Every day, EverBright supports hundreds of solar companies across the US, ensuring they have the tools to be successful and accelerate consumer adoption of clean energy.
This position will be responsible for building and testing software tools to enable the design, sale, financing, and installation of solar, energy storage, and energy efficiency projects. Individuals in this role assist in software design, typically working within a design framework laid out by technical leads. This position participates in required product development process ceremonies, including writing and refining technical requirements and technical design documentation.
- Collaborate with other EverBright teams and EverBright customers to develop and deliver industry-leading technology solutions to complex challenges
- Write web application software using Python, Django, Django Rest Framework, JSONSchema, and React
- Develop novel algorithms and software infrastructure to improve accuracy, efficiency, and drive growth in the clean energy industry
- Write technical specifications given product requirements and estimate scope of work for technical implementation
- Write unit and integration tests for new and existing features
- Peer review code and adhere to company coding standards and best practices
- Perform other job-related duties
- Team player who loves to code and collaborate
- Excitement about renewable energy growth
- In progress or completed Bachelor’s degree program in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience with AngularJS, React or similar front-end framework
- Experience with Django and Django Rest Framework
- Previous experience in the solar and/or renewable energy industry; previous experience with B2B software
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- A high level of energy, motivation, initiative, commitment, and professionalism
To be considered for an internship, you must be actively enrolled at a college or university as a full-time student seeking a bachelor’s degree or higher. You must also have a current cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher (on a 0.00 to 4.00 scale).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists department with assigned projects
- Completes challenging projects and assignments
- Presents final project to senior leadership at the end of the internship
- Assumes responsibility for own travel, lodging, and transportation necessary to be available for the program
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High school grad / GED
- Maintain active enrollment in a Bachelor or higher degree program
- Maintain cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
Employee Group: Non Exempt
Employee Type: Intern
Job Category: Intern
Organization: NextEra Project Mgmt
Relocation Provided: No
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.