Financial Analyst Intern (R-0290326)
Advance Auto Parts isn’t just your local auto parts store. We are the leading competitor in the auto parts industry. We are always looking for ways to better our strategies and broaden our horizons; which is why we are excited to take on a whole new team of Finance leadership interns.
For this 10-week paid internship we are looking for interns to build valuable experience in the following areas: Communications, Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, Merchandising, Retail Operations, Strategy, and Supply Chain. The week of welcome kicks off by pairing you with a mentor who will guide your experience as you work on a project tackling some of our top business initiatives.
This isn’t a job shadow opportunity, this internship is the chance to get involved, contribute and truly experience our workplace. This will be a fun, teamwork atmosphere with the opportunity to build strong peer to peer relationships. The internship will end with the opportunity to present solutions to relevant business problems to some of our top executive staff members. No other company embodies diversity and community engagement like Advance Auto Parts does.
But don’t take our word for it, apply and find out for yourself.
The Finance Leadership Internship is a highly selective program that offers a strong performer the opportunity to join Advance and provide analytics and decision support to help drive business results across a Fortune 500 organization.
As a key part of the Finance community, the Finance Intern will be on a team responsible for supporting either the 5,000 US Stores, Supply Chain/Transportation team, or our Corporate Leadership to develop reporting and insights to improve the business.
The successful candidate will be a strong communicator with the ability to solve problems, use fact-based and financial analysis to understand data, apply techniques to analyze/test the business hypothesis to solve problems, and then communicate the insights and recommendations at an executive level. This is a key Finance position to gain valuable experience and have the potential to move toward a full time offer and significantly influence the direction of the company and the financial performance.
General Job Responsibilities
- Partner with the Finance and Business Leadership team and to address key challenges, potential business opportunities, and gather key financial information and insight
- Access and Integrate information/data from a variety of sources and bring it together into a structured environment for analytics and reporting
- Work with multiple data sources to ensure availability and integrity of data
- Improve processes and automation to expedite availability of information, consistency in results, and minimize the cost structure to support the growth of the organization
- Employ analytical techniques to understand, analyze, and deliver recommendations to improve the business
- Define and document core business metrics, definitions, and logic collaborating with the business teams across the US
- Present analysis, findings, and recommendations to key Finance and business leaders
- Provide root/cause driver analysis to support decision-making by effectively communicating and translating the results into business insights and actions
- Provide direction to functional partners across operating units as required, and to operating and senior management on matters involving addressing key challenges in Stores, Supply Chain, or across Corporate teams.
- Support recommendations and quantification of ROI across spend, acquisitions, or divestitures.
- Participate in the development of long-range financial forecasts and related budgets, considering alternative scenarios and economic prospects as appropriate.
- Provide fact-based financial analysis and business cases for proposed investments.
- Partner with internal customers and leadership to implement performance management
- Research and provide external financial information on competitors and the industry.
- Rising Senior at the time of the internship program
- Preferred Majors: Finance, Business, Economics, Accounting
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, AS/400 and PeopleSoft skills
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts to practical situations such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals or technical procedures
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Raleigh NC Hybrid Work Arrangement (4200 Six Forks Rd. - North Hills)