Finance Associate - Private Debt
Audax Group is a leading alternative investment manager with offices in Boston, New York, and San Francisco. Since its founding in 1999, the firm has raised over $30 billion in capital across its Private Equity and Private Debt businesses. With more than 300 employees and over 130 investment professionals, the firm is a leading capital partner for North American middle market companies. For more information, visit the Audax Group website www.audaxgroup.com.
The position is responsible for the accounting and reporting for Audax Senior Debt. The candidate is also responsible for the compliance and control processes related to several Private Debt Funds. Senior Debt invests in debt securities of middle market companies backed by private equity sponsors via a variety of different investment vehicles. The candidate will provide financial support to Senior Debt, FP&A, Tax, and Investor Relations teams through the timely and accurate completion of investment and financial reporting, compliance with accounting standards and legal requirements, and review of financial and operational controls.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated and detail-oriented team player who will thrive in a fast-paced environment. In this role, the candidate has a “can do” attitude, and must be able to prioritize and complete all projects given to them by their deadlines while ensuring each one is completed according to the guidelines. As Audax Senior Debt continues to grow, the position may evolve with the direction of the business’ needs.
- Preparation of the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements of various Private Debt funds
- Review fund administrator’s work on various Private Debt funds
- All accounting, reporting and compliance of certain Senior Debt funds
- Administration of these funds: prepare/review, coordinate, calculate capital calls and distributions
- Account for daily activity in general ledger and portfolio accounting system
- Track and update the portfolio of investments for the various Private Debt funds
- Track interest payment receipts across portfolio team
- Daily cash management, monitoring, and reconciliation with the bank
- Calculate fund level returns and communicate the funds’ performance to Investor Relations
- Work closely with the firm’s outside auditor in preparation/review of year-end audited financials
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic environment and manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated consistency in meeting deadlines with quality work product
- Effective communication skills and ability interact with Senior Management and outside parties
- Strong organizational skills
- Professional and energetic attitude
- Master’s degree in accounting
- 4+ years of related experience including experience with financial reporting
- CPA and prior experience with a Big 4 accounting firm is a plus
- SEC related experience / BDC related experience is a plus
- Advanced MS Office user skills in Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
LOCATION: Boston, Hybrid