Behavioral Specialist-Children and Families
Are you ready to be part of a team passionate about making a difference in helping children, families, and our communities? At Seneca, we seek a Behavioral Specialist for our Therapeutic Behavioral Services Program (TBS) team.
As a Behavioral Specialist, you will provide behaviorally focused, intensive mental health services to children who have been identified as at-risk for higher levels of care or are stepping down from higher levels of care. Your work as a Behavioral Specialist will be directly with the client and their families/support networks to provide them with tangible skills specifically tailored to their strengths and needs to address target behaviors. Services for children and families are family focused, strength based, and are provided in the community including, but not limited to, schools, hospitals, and family homes.
Seneca is always looking for ways to actively empower and uplift traditionally marginalized communities. We are honored to lead a nationwide effort, Todo Por Mi Familia, a campaign to find and connect families who sought asylum in the United States to mental health services. Seneca’s agency-wide DEI Advisory Board, Employee Resource Groups, and Language Practice Groups help our employees provide culturally and linguistically relevant services to the families we serve.
- Provide time-limited behaviorally-focused mental health support services to clients and their families.
- Participate in treatment reviews, program staff meetings, and IEP meetings.
- Maintain caseload of 3-5 clients.
- Complete treatment plans, functional behavioral assessments, progress notes, monthly reports, termination reports and other required paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain client charts and records to Utilization Review standards.
- Collaborate and communicate with all treatment team members.
- Participate in weekly individual and group supervision as needed.
- Attend and participate in all program meetings and trainings.
- Ability and willingness to work independently in the office and in the community.
- Willingness and flexibility to be available on an on-call basis after hours to provide assistance to clients and their families.
- Maintain professional behavior at all times, appropriately representing Seneca's mission and philosophy.
- Commit to and engage in self-evaluation as well as organizational efforts goals, strategies, and systemic practices regarding diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Education/Experience requirements:
- Bachelor's degree OR
- Associate degree and one year of relevant experience OR
- High school diploma and two years of relevant experience
- Experience providing crisis assessment, management, and interventions, preferred
- Clearance of TB test, fingerprinting, and any other State/Federal requirements
- Own vehicle, valid California driver’s license, and insurability through Seneca’s vehicle policy
- Strong written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills as demonstrated by the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Cultural responsiveness; ability to work with a diverse population
- Must show proof of Covid-19 fully vaccinated and boosted
- Full-time, Monday - Friday
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed, including evenings and weekends
- Starting at $22.00 per hour, the actual salary is dependent on creditable experience above the minimum qualifications for the role
- Additional compensation provided upon passing bilingual language proficiency exam
- Salary increases each year
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and chiropractic coverage, as well as partially paid premiums for dependents
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- 5 weeks of flexible paid time off and 11 paid holidays
- We provide a 403b retirement plan
- Scholarship opportunities, ongoing training, and professional development opportunities
Key Words: nonprofit, non-profit, mental health, mental health agency, behavioral health, healthcare, counselor, youth advocate, family advocate, children advocate, youth counselor, adolescent, advocate.