Applications due: November 30, 2022 by midnight.
NCTV is a non-profit community television station driven by teamwork and ingenuity. With a small staff, it is integral that each team member be motivated to further NCTV as an organization and to complete the necessary work to get there.
The Executive Director position at NCTV is a highly visible job, working daily with the public. A deep respect for individuality and the ability to work collaboratively with many types of people is an absolute must.
Job title: Executive Director
Job status: Full-time, exempt (not eligible for overtime)
Compensation: $50,000 - $55,000
Benefits: Vacation, PTO, 13 paid holidays, Health Insurance (with NCTV contribution), SIMPLE IRA (up to 3% match by NCTV)
Conditions of employment: CORI check, background check with fingerprinting, and driving record check
Work location: 158 Main Street, Norfolk, MA 02056 (primary); Various locations around town as needed and reimbursed mileage at the federal standard rate.
Work hours: 40 hours/week expected. Regular schedule with some flexibility required. Option for 5 or 4 day weeks and have some work-from-home ability. Paid half-hour lunch breaks. Some weekend work may be necessary on occasion.
- Manage the day to day activities of the local nonprofit PEG station, studio, and staff
- Lead, train, and supervise small staff of employees
- Exceptional community involvement including town officials, local school officials, nonprofit organizations, local businesses, residents, youth, and members of the organization
- Assist Board of Directors with long-term organizational planning including sourcing additional funding, technical improvements, community outreach, securing cable contracts, and more
- Planning and execution of capital purchasing as well as equipment optimization and maintenance
- Create, analyze, and maintain annual budget
- Website development and maintenance (currently using GoDaddy web builder)
- Remain informed about trends, technical advances, and regulatory issues within the PEG access, video, and web fields
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations
- Film and edit as needed (not primary role, but need to be able to fill in during busy seasons)
- Other responsibilities as determined by the NCC Board
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 5+ years of experience in a management role, preferably at a PEG facility or similar
- At least 3 years of video production experience including proficiency with camera, lighting, editing and audio equipment/processes
- Demonstrated experience with fundraising, grant writing, and/or sponsorships/underwriting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking
- Ability to conduct outreach and work with diverse groups, individuals, ideas and opinions
- Understanding of accounting basics and nonprofit management
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work with all types of people including those who have different values/beliefs than you do
- Technical abilities (video, audio, some computer, some networking)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (daytime, evening and some weekend hours required)
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs of equipment
- Clear, concise, and professional writing and communication skills
- Reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license (some travel to and from shooting locations required & will be reimbursed at federal standard)
- Cover letter addressed to HR Subcommittee Please include: Why do you want to work at NCTV? What makes you a unique fit for this position? What do you value about community TV? Anything in the job description that you are not fully trained in/qualified for. *Your application can still be considered since we understand that every job is a learning opportunity!
- (optional) Video reel or links to samples of your work. Please include what role you played in the creation of the video either in the video itself or in an accompanying document.
- Submit your resume, cover letter, and link(s) to your work via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30, 2022 at midnight with ‘ED Application’ along with your full name as the subject line. Applications that are not complete or do not follow all of the above directions will not be considered for the position. PDF documents preferred for resume and cover letter, but others are also accepted.
- References will be requested if you’re selected for an interview.
- No phone calls, please. Email questions are welcome as long as it wasn’t addressed in the job posting in the first place.
More info about NCTV:
- NCTV is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization