Technical Writer (Req #5930)
Location: Hybrid | Holmdel
If you’re a detail-oriented, “hands-on” writer who writes clearly and simply, Spirent is the place for you. Be a part of teams creating state-of-the-art test systems that enable companies all over the world to develop the latest 5G communications and Wi-Fi products.
About Spirent Communications
Spirent is the leading global provider of automated test and assurance solutions for communications networks, cybersecurity, and positioning.
We provide innovative products, services, and managed solutions that address the test, assurance, and automation challenges of a new generation of technologies, including 5G, cloud, autonomous vehicles, and beyond. From testing in the lab to testing in the real world, Spirent helps companies deliver on their promise to their customers of a new generation of connected devices and technologies.
Why Spirent?... Because together we can shape tomorrow!
Spirent is its people. When you join the Spirent team, you will join forces and work alongside some of the industry’s most passionate subject matter experts. In an environment of innovation, you will find a place where you can grow, think, explore, create, and make change happen.
At Spirent, we believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to thriving in the ever-changing world of global technology. We embrace a culture where difference is valued and openness, mutual respect, collaboration, and fairness are considered fundamental. Spirent does not tolerate discrimination or offensive behavior of any kind. We are committed to creating workplaces that genuinely reflect the diversity of the world we serve and an environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic self to work.
Your success is vital to our success, which is why we will support you to perform, grow, and contribute – with the confidence to be yourself. And to support your personal wellbeing, we hope you will love our dedication to creating the right work and life balance experience!
Join Spirent and together let’s shape tomorrow!
- Create customer-facing documentation from requirements documents, requirements tickets (JIRA), interviews with product developers, and using the product.
- Test and verify all content you create.
- Participate and collaborate in cross-functional teams consisting of product developers, product managers, product support engineers, and sales field engineers.
- Seek feedback and input from field engineers and sales engineers.
- Be able to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Create and deliver content for internal training sessions.
- Produce documentation deliverables on time.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in English, Technical Communication, Journalism, or a related technical discipline; or equivalent experience.
- Technical, scientific, or newspaper writing experience or internship.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Any experience creating installation guides, administration guides, user guides, and online help systems for hardware and software products is ideal.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Experience with telecommunications products (smartphones, etc.).
- Ability to report to our Holmdel, NJ office two times per week.