Spring Co-op/Analytical Development
The Strategic External Development organization within GSK R&D is a stand-alone development organization with the primary focus of developing GSK assets through an external network or providers. The large molecule analytical development team develops and implements analytical strategies for integrated early and late stage development activities in support of biologics commercialization.
The Large Molecule Analytical Development team within GSK’s Strategic External Development business unit is looking for a dynamic student intern. The intern will work on complex analytical challenges in the development of biopharmaceutical molecules and will help develop analytical control strategies by working with external testing labs (CROs).
Responsibilities and development areas for this position include literature research, design of experiments, data analysis and visualization, presentations in team meetings, and project and alliance management.
- Pursuing a Master's or PhD in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, or similar technical disciplines.
- Key competencies include knowledge of protein biochemistry and protein-protein interaction, and analytical methodologies.
- Must be able to work full-time (35-40 hours/week) throughout the duration of the assignment.
- Must have an active student status. Post-doctoral candidates are not eligible.
- Experience working with complex analytical data for large molecules, including proteins, glycans and other modalities.
- Working knowledge of chromatography and mass spectrometry data analysis tools is desirable.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools, or high-level programming for data analysis and visualization is a plus.
- PhD candidate in good academic standing.
- GSK Interns and Co-ops are offered a competitive hourly pay rate and benefits. Please note, benefits eligibility determined the month following date of hire.
- Must successfully pass a drug screen and background check prior to assignment target start date.
- If your skillsets are a match for this role, you will be contacted by our recruitment team with next steps to complete our internal World of GSK Assessment.
- Please note, you must receive a passing score to move forward in the interview process. Once your assessment is complete, a recruiter will review your results and be in touch with next steps.
If you are hired for an on-site role, you will be required to provide Atrium with proof of COVID-19 Vaccination as a part of the on-boarding process on behalf of GSK. GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical, or disability-related reasons.