Associate Electrical Engineer
Pennoni is a multidisciplinary consulting engineering firm founded more than five decades ago. We approach engineering challenges from a wider spectrum of angles than most, from land development to energy management. Our goal is to help communities and private sector clients alike navigate the ever-changing technological advancements available and learn how best to integrate "smart" solutions into the current landscape to make them a part of resilient and sustainable planning. Our combination of talent and experience generates unprecedented solutions for diverse and iconic projects around the globe.
Pennoni Associates is currently seeking an Associate Electrical Engineer to join our Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) Division in Philadelphia, PA with experience consistent, but not limited to:
- Design normal/emergency power distribution, lighting, and fire alarm systems for various applications. Specify and document electrical equipment such as transformers, switchgears, emergency generators, and distribution panels.
- Perform power and lighting load calculations.
- Developing detailed electrical system schematics, perform analytical circuit functionality and make any necessary system modifications required to meet project specifications.
- Developing wiring architecture, power distribution, electrical system needs and requirements.
- Support overall electrical systems development and build support.
- Coordinates with internal and external design team members to ensure constructability of building systems.
- Assists senior engineers and project managers with developing scope, budget, and overall coordination and communication for projects.
- Knowledge of MEP related standard codes and guidelines (NFPA, NEC, etc.) and construction code requirements
- Reviews submittals and shop drawings against design drawings.
- Performs site visits and punch-lists to verify that construction is in accordance with the design drawings.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or a concentration, in Electrical Engineering
- EIT accreditation a plus
- 2 to 4 years related experience
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent technical and communication skills
- Organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail
Why Work With Us?
At our core, we recognize that the unique qualities of our Pennoni individuals are essential for innovation and growth as a whole. Pennoni, an ENR Top 500 consulting engineering firm, offers many opportunities to help you build your career. We continually strive to build a great workplace where our employees trust the people they work for, enjoy the people they work with, and take pride in what they do.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled