Senior Electrical CAD Designer - Contractor
Through close work with the ProEnergy Engineering Team, the Senior Electrical Designer will convert electrical design drawings from AutoCAD to AutoCAD Electrical, and create interactive drawings for schematics, interconnects and cable schedule lists.
This is a six month temporary contract.
- Work closely with electrical engineers and end users to create advanced/interactive drawings of schematic diagrams, interconnect wiring drawings and cable schedule.
- May act as electrical drafting professional and work/train other drafters to migrate AutoCAD drawings to AutoCAD Electrical.
- Ensure accuracy of design to meet project requirements and specifications.
- Utilize revision control of all drawings to track job progress and stages.
- Participate in design reviews and discussions regarding system or site-specific requirements (i.e., grounding, power sources, and convenience items).
- Work with production staff to resolve issues related to assembly, wiring, testing, part substitutions, etc.
- Identify suitable vendors to meet design specifications.
- Design HMI and Control Systems.
- Design layout of cabinet and panels for PLC, instrumentation, and electrical systems.
- Create and manage the bill of material for the PLC, instrumentation, and electrical systems.
· Modify models, drawings and create ECRNs.
- Associate degree in design, drafting, or related technical field such as Electrical Engineering Technology, or demonstrable commensurate work experience and on-the-job training.
- At least 10 years experience and proficiency with electrical CAD design and drafting.
- Experience/proficiency with AutoCAD and AutoCAD Electrical.
- Experience in design and/or maintenance of PLC systems.
- Familiarity with ANSI drafting standards.
- Familiarity with application of electrical standards such as NEC, IEEE-45, NEMA, IEC, etc.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and interpret electrical one-lines, logic drawings, and technical manuals.
- Familiarity with common electrical/instrument/communication components including, but not limited to relay, terminal block, I/O module, AC and DC system.
- Demonstrate the ability to work both independently and closely with electrical engineers to design and create engineering document.
· Must be flexible, adaptable, and proactive in problem-solving.
- Ability to solve practical problems, clearly communicate tasks and needs, and training of other personnel.
- Demonstrate the ability to make competent decisions in emergency situations.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite programs.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and BOM generation.
- Knowledge of low-medium voltage, signal- and 3-phase AC power systems (120, 480, 13.8kV)
- Previous experience with turbine controls or other system integrator.
- Previous experience with programming and/or script writing.
- Ability to motivate team efforts to accomplish goals.
- Experience in AutoCAD Inventor and AutoCAD Plant 3D.