Business Program Teaching Assistant (Remote)
Campus Business Degree Program: Online Teaching Assistant
Please watch this video for all of the background on Campus and this role:
What is Campus?
Campus is the high-quality, affordable, online alternative to traditional community college where courses are taught live by world-class professors and TAs from across the country.
Our goal is to maximize access to the best instructors in the country for high-potential students -- we want to deliver a life-changing education that doesn't require students to take on mountains of debt.
Who are we looking for?
We're hiring remote TAs from across the country to teach on Campus. We're looking for TAs who:
a) care deeply about our mission of maximizing access to education
b) enjoy working with first and second-year college students
Think about the best TA you had as an undergrad -- we want every Campus student to have a welcoming, supportive TA of that caliber in every course.
What will you do?
Our students are pursuing their Associate of Arts in Business Administration (AABA) in our 2-year, fully accredited online degree program.
As a teaching assistant, you will work to support a group of up to 25 students online within one of our business or general education courses. You’ll act as a teacher, mentor, and coach to students as they learn new skills and develop as professionals. All of our classes take place Monday-Thursday between 6pm-10pm ET.
- Business courses include: Communications, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, Management, Entrepreneurship, Economics, Ethics and Law
- Gen Ed courses include: English Composition, Math, Logic & Critical Thinking, American Politics, Environmental Science
Our TAs work closely with our Campus Instructors who are professors from top schools across the country (think Princeton, University of Texas, NYU, Berkeley, etc.). You’ll join a network of committed and innovative educators as we work to transform the future of higher education. You’ll also have the opportunity to take on additional courses/discussion sections for additional compensation ($2,000 each).
All classes take place M, T, W, Th between 6pm-10pm ET. Classes have 10 weeks of instruction time and 1 week of finals per quarter.
1) Attend evening lecture twice per week (70 minutes/class).
2) Lead an evening discussion section once per week (45 minutes/class)
3) Host 1-hour of office hours per week
4) Grading for up to 25 students per section
- Teaching or tutoring experience in a college-level Business course or Gen Ed (Math, English, Science) course
- Bachelor’s degree or current undergraduate student (third year or above)
- Experience as a TA in a college course
- Current graduate student or professional
- Experience teaching or tutoring online
- Ability to TA for multiple quarters
Time commitment and Compensation
- Time commitment: 8-10 hours per week
- Length of quarter: 11 weeks
2023 Quarter start/end dates:
- January 17th-March 30th
- April 10th- June 22nd
- July 10th- September 21st
- October 2nd- December 14th
Compensation: $2,000 per discussion section taught per quarter
1) Submit your resume
2) We’ll reach out to qualified candidates and ask you to record a 15-minute teaching demo on a topic that relates to your selected course.
3) Join us for a 30 min interview where we’ll review the role and set you up for success!
This is the fastest way for us to get to know you, and it's more efficient than a one-hour intro call. Our goal is to be respectful of your time and create the most streamlined interview process possible.