2023 Summer Intern - Strategic Analytics & Intelligence - MBA
The Position: Strategic Analytics and Intelligence Overview
CMG (Commercial, Medical and Government Affairs) plays a crucial role in bringing Genentech's therapies to our customers by transforming our scientific innovations into changes in the practice of medicine that enhance and extend patients' lives. The development and implementation of commercial strategies involves collaboration across a variety of teams with dedicated expertise.
Our Strategic Analytics & Intelligence (SAI) team isn’t just deciphering data. We’re here to help solve the world’s most complex healthcare challenges and improve the lives of patients. With a mix of competitive intelligence, market research, data analytics, access, field analysis, and forecasting, SAI unlocks key insights for our internal partners that ultimately benefit healthcare providers and patients. Even if you’ve never worked in biotech, you’ll establish yourself as an expert alongside other specialists. Plus, you can gain new experiences across marketing disciplines, therapeutic areas, and commercial operations. The entire time, you’ll be surrounded by a diverse and inclusive team that aims to reflect the world we serve.
Your key responsibilities
Responsibilities & requirements for each position will vary depending on function and current level of experience.
As an intern in SAI, you will be a strategic thought partner to key stakeholders and an integral contributor to Genentech’s Commercial Medical and Government Affairs (CMG) planning efforts. You will be responsible for providing strategic sales and marketing insights leveraging capabilities in one or more of the following:
- Market Research: Applying primary market research techniques to qualitative and quantitative research with Genentech customers
- Forecasting: Creating trend-based and/or patient-based forecasts; conducting uncertainty analyses
- Competitive Intelligence: Tracking competitive landscape; conducting competitive threat assessments
- Access: Applying expertise in managed care to determine the impact of payer management, coverage, coding, pricing, contracting, & other reimbursement drivers to the biopharmaceutical industry to remove barriers to Genentech therapies and improve overall customer experience
- Field Analytics: Applying expertise to support cross-functional field leadership team to understand business performance and implications associated with accounts within a given geography to update strategy and tactics to engage effectively with customers within the healthcare systems
Who you are (Preferred Qualifications):
- MBA Degree (ongoing)
- 2-4 years of work experience in consulting, finance, marketing, sales, drug research and development related fields
- Competency in conducting/analyzing research and distilling down data into concise summaries focused on the key insights informing business decisions
- Proficiency in understanding market landscape and pulling through insights across multiple data sources
- Experience using Excel-based models as well as other quantitative and qualitative resources to perform analyses
- Experience translating analyses to concise, compelling business stories that influence decisions and strategy. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in effectively interacting with team leaders/ managers
- Proven track record of leadership, time-management, project management, and teamwork
- Expertise in standard analysis and presentation software (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability and experience in effectively interacting with senior leadership
- Strong interest and experience in business analysis geared towards pharma/biotech/healthcare
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.