RES is looking for a Estimator, based in Charlotte, NC.
The Mission: RES currently works in over 27 states, with 20+ projects in each state. These projects need an Estimator to coordinate, complete, and submit our bid opportunities to ensure RES continues to operate and grow at a high standard.
Due to the volume of projects in the region, a successful candidate is an experienced professional with a background evaluating the potential needs of a project. The candidate should also have experience submitting well documented bids to potential buyers.
What your day-to-day might look like?
60% of your time will be reading and interpret construction plan sets, understanding basic design concepts, performing detailed & accurate calculations, and preparing detailed and accurate bids.
30% of your time, you will be creating, maintaining, and growing a network of relationships with vendors and subcontractors in your area to ensure RES projects will be constructed using quality subcontractors and materials at a competitive price.
10% of your time will be presenting these reports to management and explaining how your calculations lead to your estimated results.
- We would like to talk to you if you have many of the following:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- 2+ years of progressive experience in Construction or a related industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Word.
- What will make you stand out
- Undergraduate degree related to construction or engineering
- Establish relationships with suppliers, subcontractors
- Familiarity with stream & wetland, green infrastructure and flood resiliency projects.
- Experience with any of the following programs: AgTek, Adobe, Bluebeam, B2W
- Who is RES: We are the nation’s largest and most experienced provider of ecological restoration and water resource solutions. To date, we have restored over 525 stream miles and 62,000 wetland acres, in addition to conserving and preserving 15,000 acres of endangered species habitats. RES operations include planting over 20,000,000 restorative trees and reducing over 280 tons of polluting nutrients. RES ecological solutions enable a balance of economic development and ecological sustainability.
- Our culture: Working for RES means having a career that truly makes an impact and a job that helps make nature and communities better. Our people share a deep interest and passion for sustainability and ecological restoration. As an ever-growing company, we cultivate entrepreneurship, flexibility, and collaboration while taking a bold approach to project development. We foster a team environment while enriching individual growth.