Geotechnical Engineering Intern - Redmond, WA
Geotechnical Intern – Redmond, WA (Summer 2023, Temporary)
Are you a civil engineering student with a strong interest in geotechnical or environmental engineering? Are you looking to further your education with intensive, real-world experience and mentorship from professional engineers? Do you like the idea of spending this summer outdoors, getting your hands dirty (literally) while you learn about what it takes to be a successful geotechnical engineer? GeoEngineers is seeking motivated engineering students for our geotechnical internship opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors field explorations and construction projects under the guidance of engineers and scientists.
- Documents field conditions and completes field reports.
- May assist with routine laboratory testing and analyses.
- Assists engineers with office and project-related deliverables.
- Assists with organizing and maintaining lab and field equipment when needed.
- Maintains field readiness and keeps up to date on company training requirements. Conducts work safely and supports the safe work practices of team members.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program specializing in Civil,
- Geotechnical, or Environmental Engineering.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and complete tasks in a timely manner.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
- Ability to perform a wide range of physical activities, regular walking, bending, standing and
- reaching, and occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to perform consistent work on a PC with prolonged sitting and view of a monitor/screen
Our best estimate of the salary range for this position, located in Redmond WA, is $23 per hour. Compensation offered will be based on a variety of individual factors, including education and experience, as well as internal equity. GeoEngineers’ salary ranges are reviewed and updated each year and employees are eligible for pay increases based on individual performance. As part of our competitive total rewards package, employees in this role may also be eligible for our annual year-end bonus offering, subject to program eligibility requirements.
At GeoEngineers, investing in our people is a top priority. In addition to competitive and equitable pay, we are proud to offer a wide range of benefits to support employees and their families, including healthcare (with travel benefit for care not locally available), 401(k) with company match, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid vacation and sick time and paid holidays, among others. View our full listing of benefits here- https://www.geoengineers.com/careers/benefits/
Our Commitment to Belonging at GeoEngineers
When people feel they can bring their whole selves to work, that they have a voice and are supported and respected, it creates trust and a feeling of belonging— employees then flourish, grow their careers, and do the best work of their lives. They are more innovative and creative, more productive, and better able to serve our clients and communities. A culture of belonging allows our employees to thrive and our company to prosper. This is a journey. We are committed to doing the work, learning, and evolving as we go.
GeoEngineers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
To apply for this position and learn more about life at GeoEngineers, visit our website at www.geoengineers.com.