Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts with degrees from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Scientist for our Electrical Engineering & Computer Science Practice in Bowie, MD. In this role, you will work as part of a team on solving scientific and engineering problems facing our clients.
You will be responsible for:
- Working with government security related products and projects
- Presenting testing results, analyses, and recommendations to clients
- Analyzing data to inform decisions about process optimization and improvement
- Performing product assessments related to quality, durability, reliability, interoperability, security, and anti-tampering
- Supporting on-site testing conducted at client sites
- Managing product redesigns utilizing a Stage Gate program management framework
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Materials Science, or a related field
- Our contracts with the United States Government for this position require proof of U.S. citizenship and the possession of or ability to obtain a DoD security clearance
- Ability to design and carry out complex experiments
- Ability to code data into appropriate graphical formats considered a plus
- Knowledge of data analysis and visualization programs such as Tableau or others considered a plus
- Knowledge of secure identity documents or physical security features considered a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior problem-solving abilities
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at HR-Accommodations@exponent.com.