Scientist - Toxicology (6190)
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts with degrees from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Toxicologist (Scientist Grade) for our Chemical Regulation and Food Safety Practice in Harrogate (UK), Derby (UK), London (UK), Edinburgh (UK) or Dublin (Ireland) offices; homeworking will also be considered.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing high quality technical scientific and regulatory advice relating to the toxicology of chemicals
- Delivering finished documents to support registrations in Europe and a range of other countries
- Building and developing successful client relationships
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- A minimum of a BSc in Chemistry, Biology, or a closley related field with a strong preference for a professional qualification or higher degree in Toxicology
Desirable skills would include:
- Experience with data interpretation and problem solving
- Experience working in a team environment especially multi-disciplinary project teams
- Confidence in presentation of scientific data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Accuracy and attention-to-detail
- Sound judgement and decision-making ability
- Good numeracy skills
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at HR-Accommodations@exponent.com.