L'Oréal USA | Diverse Future Leaders Fellowship | 2023
The L’Oréal USA Diverse Future Leaders Fellowship: A Community of Student Employee Fellowship
The L’Oréal USA Diverse Future Leaders Fellowship aspires to develop a unique community of diverse students from across the USA and provide them access, education, and mentorship within the business world through this professional development-based program. We seek to foster a fellowship of diverse student leaders who could be our future leaders of the corporate world and beyond by sharing our experiences and knowledge as employees of a global leader in consumer goods and beauty tech with the emerging leaders of tomorrow.
We encourage you to apply for this unique program: you who embrace inclusion and reflect the broad diversity of the USA in all its forms, including, but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender expression, LGBTQ+, military status, and people with disabilities. We look to invite university students to engage with our L’Oréal USA community in a new way.
What you will experience as a Fellow:
- Participate in up to a 9-month-long virtual program with monthly programming events, to introduce you to, expand on and build upon your knowledge of the business world today.
- Gain a personal, dedicated L’Oréal leader to act as your mentor and provide individualized support for your growth and development.
- Engage business leaders in conversation about Diversity and Inclusion.
- Build and grow a network of industry professionals and student colleagues from a variety of backgrounds across the United States.
- Gain tangible skills in project management, team working, and leadership.
- First-hand exposure to the fast-moving, competitive Consumer Packaged Goods industry.
- Understand what it means to be consumer-centric by working through a business challenge with your other Fellows.
- Recruitment advice and career coaching from experienced professionals in University Relations and Recruitment.
- Insight and access to potential career opportunities with a large, global organization
The Fellowship is open to students who meet the following requirements:
- You are an undergraduate student graduating between December 2024 and June 2025.
- You are currently enrolled in a 4-year bachelor’s degree program at an accredited university in the United States.
- or in your final year of community college to transfer to a 4-year bachelor's degree program with a graduation date of December 2024 - June 2025
- You have demonstrated extracurricular leadership on or off campus.
How to Apply:
In the application, please be advised there will be (1) a short essay prompt AND (1) short video submission. Please consider these before submitting your application!
- Essay Prompt: In 200-400 words, please share a time when you took on a leadership opportunity. How did you play a role in achieving success? This could be for a group project, a club/organization, or a job/internship.
- Short Video Submission: In a 2-3 minute video, please introduce yourself and tell us what diversity means to you as well as how you think companies should embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and beyond? (Private video link to be submitted via YouTube link or Google Drive Link)
- Application deadline is January 20, 2023.
Diversity and Inclusion at L’Oréal USA
At L’Oréal USA, we work to foster workplaces where all people of every ethnicity, social background, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, military status, and abilities are welcomed and feel valued and a sense of belonging. We believe that diversity + inclusion = innovation & success. That in an atmosphere where everyone can thrive and grow, our business will do the same globally. As an organization, we strive to ensure gender equality on every level, to include more people with disabilities on our teams, and to empower people of every ethnic and social background.
For more than a century, L’Oréal’s mission has been to offer people worldwide the best of beauty and grooming innovation in terms of quality, efficacy, and safety. It pursues this goal by meeting the infinite diversity of needs and desires all over the world. Since the company’s creation by a researcher, the group has been pushing the frontiers of knowledge. Its unique research arm enables the company to continually explore new territories and invent the products of the future. L’Oréal offers a diverse portfolio of products with more than 30 international brands sold through multiple distribution channels, both traditional and digital. In its business model, L’Oréal strives to enhance well-being, preserve the planet, and support local communities. For more information, please visit www.lorealoncampus.com.
Note: This is not a paid position. This is a 9-month free, interactive mentorship program.