Summer Internship 2023 – Supply Chain Management (US)
As a summer intern at Equinor, you will join 21,000 colleagues delivering oil, gas, wind, and solar power to 170 million people worldwide. By 2050, we aim to become a net-zero company and provide the energy the world needs without contributing to global warming. It is one of the defining challenges of our time, and attracting and developing the brightest minds will be critical to our success.
Our summer internship is a 12-week programme designed to provide the experience and skills you need in your studies and future career. Our US internship will begin on 30 May and ends on 18 August 2023. You can find out more about the programme at www.equinor.com/careers/summer-interns
Procurement and Supplier Relations (PSR) is the area responsible for the Supply Chain Management (SCM) processes in Equinor. The PSR organisation consists of five business units covering SCM's strategic, tactical and operational activities, with the aim to ensure a safe and efficient supply of products and services to all our operations and development projects globally:
- Drilling, Well & Interventions
- Subsea, Engineering, Renewables & Construction
- Compliance, Improvements & Analysis
By joining our team in Supply Chain Management, you will have the opportunity to work on multi-disciplinary projects throughout the business. Tasks may vary according to your competence profile, assignment and business needs. Typical assignments under Supply Chain Management (SCM) are:
- Category Management
- Supplier Relations Management
- Supplier Market Analysis
- Sourcing Management
- Contract Management
- Requisition to Pay
- Material Management
- Analytics, Simplification and Efficiency Initiatives
Some qualities are essential for Equinor. You identify with our values, open, collaborative, courageous and caring, which guide our decisions and help us succeed and grow. You make safety your priority and contribute to our zero-harm culture. For this position, we are also looking for:
• Currently studying for Bachelor’s, Master’s degree or Ph.D. with a strong academic record within Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Economics and Business Administration, Industrial Economics. Additional education in areas such as Information Technology, Technical and Law are also relevant.
• Fluent in English and preferably a second working language
• Have completed at least two years of higher education before the internship programme starts (30 May 2023)
• Candidates must live in a state where Equinor currently has presence
• Candidates must have the necessary work permit for the country in which they are applying for a position. The work permits must be valid at the point of application and for the duration of the employment. Please note that Equinor does not support, or sponsor work or visa permits for internship applications. Read more about it on the national authorities’ pages: United States
• Extracurricular activities and/or voluntary work are an advantage
Every role and business area requires its own specific set of skills and personal attributes. Some of the qualities and characteristics we look for include:
• An awareness of risk and a commitment to safety for yourself and those around you.
• Effective communication skills and the ability to facilitate collaboration, influence stakeholders, and contribute to a diverse and inclusive culture.
• The flexibility to adapt to change, embrace new technology, and perform in a digitally enabled environment.
• Demonstrating a curious mind and the ability to problem-solve, innovate, and identify new ways of delivering against our objectives.
Equinor is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all candidates who meet the educational and experience requirements, including those with disabilities. If you have any specific requirements for any stage in our process, please make this clear in your application, and our team will be happy to support you.
Please make sure that when applying, you attach the following:
• CV/ resume in English
• Transcripts of records (or other documents describing subjects and grades) in English or Scandinavian language obtained to this point during your studies. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript. Applications submitted without these attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated.
To ensure an efficient recruitment process, please be informed that you may apply for a maximum of 3 Summer Internship roles per country.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process. All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law.
Please apply via link below: