Summer Internship 2023 – Renewables (US)
As a summer intern at Equinor, you will join 21,000 colleagues delivering oil, gas, wind, and solar power to 170 million people worldwide. By 2050, we aim to become a net-zero company and provide the energy the world needs without contributing to global warming. It is one of the defining challenges of our time, and attracting and developing the brightest minds will be critical to our success.
Our summer internship is a 12-week programme designed to provide the experience and skills you need in your studies and future career. Our US internship will begin on 30 May and ends on 18 August 2023. You can find out more about the programme at www.equinor.com/careers/summer-interns
Equinor is a global energy company headquartered in Norway that is committed to transforming the future of energy by investing heavily in low carbon and renewable energy.
In the United States, Equinor is one of the largest offshore wind developers, where it operates two lease areas off the coast of Long Island and New York City: Empire Wind and Beacon Wind. Together, the projects will generate over 3.3 gigawatts of energy within New York State - enough clean energy to power over 2 million homes.
At Equinor, our US Renewables summer interns will join collaborative teams of diverse professionals leading the energy transition in New York, including but not limited to: offshore wind experts, engineers, commercial negotiators, environmental specialists, business development professionals, project managers, communications representatives, safety managers, and government relations and stakeholder affairs advisors.
Some qualities are essential for Equinor. You identify with our values, open, collaborative, courageous and caring, which guide our decisions and help us succeed and grow. You make safety your priority and contribute to our zero-harm culture. For this position, we are also looking for:
• Currently studying for Bachelor’s, Master’s degree, or Ph.D. with a strong academic record within your chosen field of study.
• Fluent in English and preferably a second working language
• Have completed at least two years of higher education before the internship programme starts (30 May 2023)
• Candidates must live in a state where Equinor currently has presence
• Candidates must have the necessary work permit for the country in which they are applying for a position. The work permits must be valid at the point of application and for the duration of the employment. Please note that Equinor does not support, or sponsor work or visa permits for internship applications. Read more about it on the national authorities’ pages: United States
• Extracurricular activities and/or voluntary work are an advantage
Every role and business area requires its own specific set of skills and personal attributes. Some of the qualities and characteristics we look for include:
• An awareness of risk and a commitment to safety for yourself and those around you.
• Effective communication skills and the ability to facilitate collaboration, influence stakeholders, and contribute to a diverse and inclusive culture.
• The flexibility to adapt to change, embrace new technology, and perform in a digitally enabled environment.
• Demonstrating a curious mind and the ability to problem-solve, innovate, and identify new ways of delivering against our objectives.
Equinor is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all candidates who meet the educational and experience requirements, including those with disabilities. If you have any specific requirements for any stage in our process, please make this clear in your application, and our team will be happy to support you.
Please make sure that when applying, you attach the following:
• CV/ resume in English
• Transcripts of records (or other documents describing subjects and grades) in English or Scandinavian language obtained to this point during your studies. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript. Applications submitted without these attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated.
To ensure an efficient recruitment process, please be informed that you may apply for a maximum of 3 Summer Internship roles per country.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process. All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law.
Please apply via link below: