Personal Lines Product Analyst - Summer 2023 Internship - Remote
We are Farmers!
We are… more than just your favorite commercials. We are a passionate, award winning, equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. We are dedicated to supporting the well-being of our people through our extensive suite of benefits, as well as the well-being of the communities we serve through employee volunteer programs and nonprofit partnerships. Helping others in their time of need isn’t just our business – it’s our culture! We are Farmers!
Do you thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced environment? Do you enjoy the challenge of a position where no two days are alike? We are looking for positive, high-energy professionals who are not just looking for a job, but a meaningful career!
Do you love working with people and numbers?
Come immerse yourself in big data and business management at Farmers insurance!
We are looking for innovative, curious, and organized thinkers to join our Personal Lines Product Management summer internship program. This internship will be held virtually with technology provided by Farmers Insurance Group.
Farmers Insurance Group is one of the premier property and casualty insurers in the United States, with operations nationwide and corporate headquarters located in the greater Los Angeles, CA (Woodland Hills) area. Farmers has been independently certified as a Great Place to Work based on its high-trust, high-performance workplace culture. Extensive development opportunities are available through the award-winning University of Farmers, named by Training Magazine as a top 10 corporate training organization in the world. We are one of the nation’s largest insurers of homes and vehicles. Our mission is to deliver peace of mind by making customers smarter about insurance and helping them recover from a loss.
Perks of working at Farmers is our amazing culture. We have dynamic employee resource groups (Black Professionals Alliance, LGBT & Allies, Somos Farmers, Toastmasters, Women’s Inclusion Network, and more), and more!
Product Management ensures that our company continues to grow profitably, and we oversee the Profit and Losses (P&L) of our customers. As such, we collaborate closely with all sides of the business, including Distribution (Farmers agents), Pricing, Underwriting, Research & Development, Claims, Legal, and Marketing.
As an intern you will develop and present a project to senior leadership that is geared towards achieving our company strategy. Below are examples of a project you might lead:
- Propose a holistic business strategy around self-driving cars
- Test and evaluate pricing strategies around natural disasters
- Research and propose a pricing and marketing strategy catered to the Millennial demographic
- Investigate and present on proper discount utilization by customers and agents
- Pioneer a new report analyzing coverage opportunities and develop agent marketing strategies
You will develop crucial and highly valuable data analytics skills as well as soft skills through the course of your internship. These include, but are not limited to:
- Data querying, manipulation and visualization in Power BI, SAS, Access, and Excel using SQL code, advanced functions, pivot tables and charts
- Data analysis, communication and presentation of meaningful insights to peers and senior leadership
- Networking with friendly, highly supportive colleagues of diverse backgrounds and skillsets
Requirements for consideration include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Current student pursuing an undergraduate or master’s degree in Business, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Analytics or related major or equivalent technical coursework preferred
- Must be a current student that will begin either their last year of undergrad or first year of a master's program in fall of 2023
- Self-motivated, methodical individuals with attention to detail and effective time-management skills
- GPA of 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale preferred
- Ability to work eight to twelve weeks during the summer
- Eligible to work in the United States and will be residing in the United States for the duration of the internship
- Sits or stands for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift.
- Listens to, interprets, and differentiates auditory information (e.g. others speaking) at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
- Ability to operate a computer for extended periods of time.
- Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate keyboard and other office equipment up to a full work shift.
- Will be remote with no travel requirement.
- Farmers offers a competitive salary commensurate with education, experience, qualifications and location
- CO Only: The pay range for this job being performed in CO would be $20-$31 hourly
- Paid Time Off
- For more information, review “What we offer” on https://www.farmers.com/careers/
Job Location(s): R_US - RW - Remote Work
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!