NIAR Composites Student Assistant
NIAR Composites and Structures lab is looking for a student assistant.
This position requires access to EAR or ITAR controlled technologies. Applicants are required to be eligible for employment under U.S. export control laws and must meet the requirement of being a ”U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee and those given asylum in the United States, and temporary residents granted amnesty OR eligible to obtain U.S. government authorization for this position by the time of hire. Information will need to be collected in this regard, but will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. export control laws. The University does not discriminate in its hiring practices and shall ensure compliance with all federal and state laws in the collection and reviews of such information collected.
· Panel/Material inspection
· Panel Mapping
· Familiarization with ASTM Standards
· Assist staff with certain responsibilities that are required
· Reading/interpreting program specific test plans
· Creating/managing Tracking Sheets
· Creating/managing Test Forms
· Conforming specimens with an appointed representative prior to testing
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong organizational and communication skills
· Ability to effectively prioritize and manage workflow based on expectations
· Ability to work independently and along with other colleagues
· Must be available to work a minimum of 20 hours per week