Associate Data Engineer
AHEAD builds platforms for digital business. By weaving together advances in cloud infrastructure, automation and analytics, and software delivery, we help enterprises deliver on the promise of digital transformation.
AHEAD is committed to a community of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage applications from women, underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, sexual minority groups, and all other candidates who will contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives here at AHEAD.
We are on this journey to ensure that all AHEADians feel that they can authentically show up and belong at work.
LAUNCH – Join AHEAD's Associate Development Program
Our Mission: to attract and develop a diverse community of THE top IT consulting talent in the country and build AHEAD’s next generation of leaders.
LAUNCH serves as the foundation to develop our talent into high potential leaders at AHEAD. By exposing you to a variety of career paths and building your acumen across different practices in the business, we’re accelerating your growth and career trajectory at AHEAD.
Our development program is built on a foundation of technical training, completion of certifications, and shadowing, all supported by an ecosystem of AHEADians that will be part of your Launch journey, every step of the way! You’ll grow and develop key skills that will support your development as a technical and consulting expert. If you’re ready to begin an exciting career in IT Consulting, LAUNCH is where you should be!
Associate Data Engineer
(Internally known as an Associate Technical Consultant)
As an Associate Engineer in LAUNCH, you will start out in a 3-month training program within our Digital Solutions Group (DSG) practice focused on Data solutions. Upon completion of LAUNCH, you will have the opportunity to work on client projects based on skillset, personal interest, and business needs.
Who we’re looking for: Think Big, Learn, and Be Curious
- Innovative Thinkers
- Enthusiastic Collaborators
- Creative Problem Solvers
- Curious Self – Starters
- Ability to communicate effectively across teams, and build positive relationships
- Demonstrate ability to work on teams, collaborate on projects, and contribute to the overall successful delivery of projects
- Demonstrate drive and proactiveness to get things done, be solutions–oriented, and enjoy solving complex problems
- Demonstrate resourcefulness, curiosity, creativity, courage, critical thinking, and a desire to use technology to search for new and innovative solutions to problems
- Exercise sound reasoning, ingenuity, and inclusive perspectives to analyze issues, solve problems and make recommendations
- Ability to execute, manage competing priorities, and deliver to deadlines
- Experience any of the programming languages (Python, Java, Scala, Go, etc.)
- Working knowledge of supporting data structures including but not limited to SQL and NoSQL databases
- Willingness to travel to support client projects and shadowing opportunities (50+ % of the time)
- Existing U.S. work authorization is required
- Understanding of one of the data platforms (ex. Hadoop, Spark, Databricks, Snowflake)
- Working knowledge of Cloud Solutions
Experience in at least one of the below:
- Graduated with a degree in technical discipline by 1/1
- Prior intern, co-op, or research experience in IT, software, or relevant field is a plus
- Successful completion in a technical–related bootcamp
- Working knowledge of Application Development
Through our daily work and internal groups like Moving Women AHEAD and RISE AHEAD, we value and benefit from diversity of people, ideas, experience, and everything in between.
We fuel growth by stacking our office with top-notch technologies in a multi-million-dollar lab, by encouraging cross department training and development, sponsoring certifications and credentials for continued learning.
We understand that you have a life outside of work. That’s why we offer flexible paid time off, paid company holidays, and the ability for you to manage your work schedule as needed.