Member Services Researcher
Why is Health Advocate a great place to work? For starters, Health Advocate employees enjoy helping people every single day. Employees are given the training they need to do their jobs well, and they work with supervisors and staff who are supportive and friendly. Employees have room to grow, and many of Health Advocate's supervisors are promoted from within the company.
Summary of Role
Our Healthcare Member Service Research Associates access a variety of tools to find healthcare providers and health plan options for members. They play an important role in providing information to nurses regarding providers, eldercare, nursing homes and other requested information. If you are someone who thrives in making a difference by helping others, have customer service experience, and are committed to making a contribution while growing your career in the health benefits administration field this is the job for you. We have training classes starting soon to help you build the successful career that you want - apply today.
Health Advocate offers all work equipment and a comprehensive new-employee training program to help you develop the knowledge and skills that will set you up for success in your role and in supporting our members.
Invested in You
At Health Advocate, you’ll have the ability to pursue your ambitions and grow your career. We’ve got you covered with a total rewards package that includes Robust Medical coverage, as well as Dental & Vision benefits, tuition assistance, 401(k) savings plan with company match, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, Employee Assistance Programs and Wellness Programs.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
- Research various sources of data to meet member needs. (websites, health plan sites, internal reference material and custom tools)
- Document all issues thoroughly maintaining department files or appropriate system
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship with internal/external customers, team members and department contacts
- Utilize organizational skills to maintain timely and accurate research results.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Associates degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration, liberal arts, healthcare management, or a related field preferred
- One year of customer service experience preferred
Health Advocate is the nation’s leading provider of health advocacy, navigation, well-being and integrated benefits programs. For 20 years, Health Advocate has provided expert support to help our members navigate the complexities of healthcare and achieve the best possible health and well-being. Our solutions leverage a unique combination of best-in-class, personalized support with powerful predictive data analytics and a proprietary technology platform to address nearly every clinical, administrative, wellness or behavioral health need. Whether facing common issues or an unprecedented challenge like COVID-19, our team of highly trained, compassionate experts work together to go above and beyond expectations, making healthcare easier for our members and ensuring they get the care they need.
Health Advocate https://www.healthadvocate.com/site/
- Stevie® Awards for Sales & Customer Service: Customer Service Department of the Year – Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals, and Related Industries, Silver Winner
- Stevie® Awards for Sales & Customer Service: Most Valuable Response by a Customer Service Team (COVID-19), Bronze Winner
- Best in Biz Awards: Most Customer-Friendly Company of the Year – Medium and large category (Silver)
- National Customer Service Association All-Stars Award: Organizations of 100 or Greater, Runner-Up
- Best in Biz Awards: Most Customer-Friendly Company of the Year - Medium category (Silver)
Health Advocate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other factor not related to job requirements. We respect and value diversity, and are committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.