Employment Training Specialist - Multiple Locations
As an Employment Training Specialist, you will provide one-on-one support to people with intellectual and development disabilities. You will prepare the people we support in obtaining and maintaining gainful employment by assisting with on-site job skills training and community-based supported employment.
Multiple position openings in NYC, Suffolk County, and Westchester County. Go to application link to see all openings.
* Adhering to policies, procedures and regulations
* Using effective communication skills & time management skills
* Being a member of a highly effective team (Teamwork within the circle of support)
* Completing mandatory trainings based on the program and position (AMAP, CPR/First Aid, SCIP-R, Defensive Driving, etc.), as well as applying skills
* Meeting and demonstrating OPWDD Core Competencies
* Ensuring health, wellness and safety by managing crisis situations and providing appropriate supervision of the people we support
* Transporting and escorting people we support
* Building Positive relationships
* Maintaining a therapeutic environment through a variety of methods: Personal Outcome Measures, Person Centered Thinking, Informed Decision Making
* Ensuring person centered plans are implemented
* Completing documentation to ensure compliance and billing
* Using foundational Teaching skills (EMOE, Task analysis, essential skills, supports and modifications, etc.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's Degree preferred
* Work or life experience within the intellectual/developmental disabilities field is a plus
* Ability to support people with intellectual/developmental disabilities
* Basic written and verbal communication
* Basic computer knowledge
* Valid Driver's License may be required depending upon the position
* Tuberculosis test mandatory for most positions
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Interpersonal and problem-solving skills
* Willing to take initiative
* 100% employer-paid premium for employee Medical/Dental Coverage for full-time positions
* Retirement Plan with matching contributions
* Generous paid time off
* Tuition reimbursement
* Discounts on wireless service, gym membership, & more!!!
YAI is an EEO
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam or disabled veteran. YAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.