Athletics, Program & Administration Internship *SUMMER SEMESTER*
Athletics, Program & Administration Internship
*SUMMER SEMESTER: JUNE-AUGUST*
About Detroit PAL
Detroit PAL is a non-profit organization with the mission of Helping Youth find their Greatness. The organization is positively impacting the lives of 8,500 youth each year through athletic and enrichment programs. PAL also empowers the community by training 1,000 volunteers and coaches, by creating safe places for kids to play, and by running quality programs which keep young people healthy and active. Detroit PAL's home office is located at the Old Tiger Stadium on Michigan near Trumbull, which is a hub of programming excellence for youth in and around Detroit.
Check with your school's Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.
- Develop and implement a key internship project that assists the organization and staff
- Work with directly with Program and Administration Coordinators to manage the needs and responsibilities of program management
- Learn and assist with the planning, coordination, execution, and evaluation of Detroit PAL athletic and youth enrichment programs
- Work directly with senior non-profit leadership
- Work across the organization on multi-departmental projects
Desirable Credentials, Skills, and Traits
- Able to work in a team environment
- Willingness to take the initiative and drive progress
- Solid project management skills
- Good attention to detail and organization
- Decent writing and communication skills
- High standards for excellence in execution
General Internship Objectives
- Understand the goals and objectives of the Detroit PAL and the projects being conducted by program and administration staff
- Gain a better understanding of the uniqueness of running youth development programs in an urban environment
- Develop an understanding of the programmatic process from development to execution to evaluation
- Learn more about non-profits and program management
- Develop an understanding of how programs and fundraising work together at a non-profit
Detroit PAL offers programs seven days per week. Our activities can be run during the day, at night, and on the weekends. Some programs and activities are at our headquarters in Detroit while some are at various locations in the community. Accordingly, this internship is ON-SITE.
Our G.R.E.A.T. Summer Camp, which encompasses Athletics and Youth Enrichment activities, is scheduled during the day, Monday through Friday.
Detroit PAL is offering an amazing internship experience which will enable you to expand your experience, network, and develop lifelong skills while helping the youth in our community.
We are asking for a minimum commitment of fifteen hours per week. In your cover letter please indicate your availability.
To apply for the position please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.