Resident Assistant (2023-2024 Academic Year)
Congratulations on your decision to apply to be a Resident Assistant (RA)! We're excited to help you unleash your potential as an RA!
The goals of the RA selection process are to ensure the following:
- The application process is understood by all candidates to be a departmentally focused process in which candidates are considered for positions in all nine residence halls.
- The selection process provides a means by which the best possible candidates are selected to fill the open Resident Assistant positions.
- The selection process is objective, non-biased, fair, consistent, and equitable for all candidates.
- The selection process provides a candidate with the opportunity to demonstrate skills and abilities related to their interest in the position, their capacity to work as a staff person in group situations for a community, and their ability to meet job expectations.
- Private living space (super single dorm room or studio/one-bedroom apartment)
- Meal plan to be determined (some form of All-Access)
- $1600 stiped paid bi-weekly throughout the academic year
- Opportunity for stipend to increase by $200 for each year of successful job performance
- 12 nights away per semester where an RA is not required to stay in their room, be on campus or respond to any work related situations that might arise
- Applicants must have lived on campus for at least one semester at UNI or another institution of higher education.
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.25 cumulative UNI grade point average.
- Applicants must maintain a minimum semester and cumulative 2.25 GPA (UNI) while in the position.
- Applicants must possess outstanding skills in verbal and written communication.
- Applicants must be full-time, degree seeking students at the University of Northern Iowa for the Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 semesters.
- Applicants must be in good behavioral, academic and financial standing with the university.
- Applicants cannot be student teaching while in the position.
- Applicants cannot complete an internship beyond 10 hours/week while in the position.
- Applicants may not hold any other on campus employment per the student employment policy.
A complete job description can be found here.
Requirements of a complete application: Submit this online form including applicant information, resume, and essay responses.
Applications are due by 11:59 PM on Monday January 23, 2023.
For resume preparation or mock-interview assistance, you can contact Career Services by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit them in 102 Gilchrist Hall.
For any questions regarding this application or the RA selection process please reach out to email@example.com.
Associate Director of Housing & Residence Life