- Engineering lead to specify, install and validate process equipment in new facility
- Develop best practices and innovative solutions to improve production yield and quality.
- Support current and future expansions
- Identify and lead capacity improvement projects.
- Lead complex scale-up and validations activities.
- Support a variety of new and existing chemical processes by generating process flow diagrams, mass and energy balances, and pre-operations packages including HAZOP's and risk assessments (FMEA).
- Drive process improvements through data-based decision making.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/priorities in a dynamic environment while leading cross functional teams
- Provide guidance and expertise for the junior engineering team and foster a culture of learning
- Maintain and support a safety and quality culture.
- Bachelor's or higher in Chemical Engineering or equivalent degree from accredited college/university in relevant scientific discipline and have a strong relevant technical background
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the manufacturing of specialty chemicals with a background in organic chemistry.
- Ability to work with numerous departments and levels of employees.
- Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Experience in driving investigating and general troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of ISO 13485 requirements including CAPA, Risk Assessments, Deviation Investigation and Change Control process.
- Understanding or process/equipment validation
- Ability to work with numerous departments and levels of employees
- Understanding of statistical tools and statistical process control
- Delta V and Six Sigma preferred
- Project management skills are a plus