Analyst or Senior Analyst
When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you’ll be a part of shaping our future in the years to come.
*Title will depend on candidate’s experience and qualifications*
As an Analyst or Senior Analyst with Hines, you will assist senior management with all aspects of the real estate development lifecycle, including the market research, concepting and financial underwriting, investment memo, debt / equity book creation, design and feasibility analysis of potential development and acquisition opportunities. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform analysis of acquisition and development opportunities using financial modeling with a combination of Argus and Excel software, analysis of cash flows, and application of valuation methods.
- Assist with due diligence process for acquisitions by performing document control, reading lease abstracts, verifying projections, and other due diligence materials and duties as assigned.
- Perform market research and analyze business proposals to support leasing strategies and decisions as well as the underwriting of acquisition and development opportunities, including market research, leasing, property sales, and administration of investor requirements. Duties may include reviewing leases and property financial statements and determining feasibility of proposed capital projects.
- Source, maintain, and update sales and lease comparable databases.
- Prepare presentation materials and proposals with responsibility for written and graphic requirements.
- Participate in the sourcing and execution of development projects including market research and feasibility analysis, entitlement processes, financial underwriting, construction financing and project execution.
Minimum Requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Two or more years of related experience in a financial analysis role.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office software with advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Aptitude to become proficient in Argus real estate modeling software essential. Prior experience with Argus is a positive.
- Demonstrate strong initiative and an ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment.
- Analyze real estate and industry trends from a strategic point of view.
- Analyze and interpret various types of data in order to draw conclusions and solve problems.
- Perform numerical and financial calculations and analysis including discounted cash flow, NPV and IRR through Microsoft Excel.
- Develop proficiency in Argus to build models, and the ability to independently run sensitivities and interpret Argus output.
- Compose business letters, expositions, summaries, and reports, using proper format, punctuation, grammar, diction, and style.
- Exchange ideas, information, and opinions with others to formulate policies and programs and/or arrive jointly at decisions, conclusions, or solutions.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Think creatively and contribute to project success.
- Successfully manage a variety of tasks within a tight time schedule.
- Interact with employees, visitors, and business partners with poise and diplomacy.
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working atmosphere among staff.
Hines is a privately owned global real estate investment firm founded in 1957 with a presence in 285 cities in 28 countries. Hines oversees investment assets under management totaling approximately $90.3 billion¹. In addition, Hines provides third-party property-level services to 373 properties totaling 114.2 million square feet. Historically, Hines has developed, redeveloped or acquired approximately 1,530 properties, totaling over 511 million square feet. The firm currently has more than 198 developments underway around the world. With extensive experience in investments across the risk spectrum and all property types, and a foundational commitment to ESG, Hines is one of the largest and most-respected real estate organizations in the world. Visit www.hines.com for more information. ¹Includes both the global Hines organization as well as RIA AUM as of December 31, 2021.
We are an equal opportunity employer and support workforce diversity.
No calls or emails from third parties at this time please.