Senior Project Manager
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
This Senior Project Manager position will report to the Manager of Facilities Project Management within the Modernization Project Office. The major duties and responsibilities associated with this position include:
- Responsible for planning the work of major engineering projects and systems with significant scope and complexity. The primary focus of this position will be on hot cell design/ construction and isotope research infrastructure.
- Leads the project(s) through the entire project lifecycle from conceptualizing, design, estimating/planning, and construction to installation of the project. Will also assist in working through regulatory, FDA, and DOE Nuclear approvals for the project(s) and incorporate requirements into the design/ construction process as applicable.
- Detailed Knowledge of scheduling.
- Will direct the work of a group of engineers, technicians, contractors, and outside Architects/Engineers to successfully complete the assigned projects.
- Will act as the liaison between the senior scientific staff and design engineering staff to assure that programmatic requirements are captured, and the design meets the program requirements as established by the project stakeholders and approved project documentation.
- Ability to use advanced principles and tools during design/ construction to assist in managing and reporting on the project from an overall Project Status and Quality Assurance perspective.
- Demonstrates leadership to ensure adherence to project scope, schedule and budget; coupled with the use of innovative approaches to address complex problems or constructability issues.
- Monitors and oversees the construction process and the various inspectors who monitor the construction work.
- Ensures that solutions and engineering design comply with established procedures, programs and policies at BNL.
- Conducts regularly scheduled project status meetings and design review meetings with design team, major contractors and consultants, and key project stakeholders. Manages detailed design work, determines resource needs for assigned projects, oversees the development and coordination of contracts, scoping, drawings, specifications, and other major procurements.
- Makes presentations to update both organizational and senior management on a regular basis. Interacts with DOE and the local site office on a regular basis to convey the status of the project and works through challenges as they arise.
- Develops project plans to meet customer needs within available budget and time frame.
- Reports directly to senior level F/O and MPO management within the organization.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Engineering
- Minimum of 10-15 years’ experience in a combination of project management, building design and facility construction.
- Demonstrated project experience in the development and execution of multiple projects greater than $50M and leading the project in day to day activities from conceptual through detailed design, construction and turnover to operations.
- Experience meeting with clients, writing proposals and defining the scope of work
- Must be capable of leading a diverse project team, developing project schedules/ cost estimates, and overseeing the construction process for assigned projects.
- Must be a highly professional self-starter and motivated individual who will ask questions and be proactive with their assigned work.
- Experience in Nuclear/ Hot Cell/ Isotope Research or design for construction projects.
- Expertise in building design & construction
- Knowledge of CAD and Primavera P6
- Familiarity with FDA requirements
- New York State Registered Architect RA, or New York State Licensed PE.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and or Certified Construction manager (CCM)
- Knowledge of DOE Order 413.3b.