Director, General Education / Learning Outcomes and Assessment
Miami Dade College, Wolfson Campus is now accepting applications for a Director, General Education / Learning Outcomes and Assessment. This position advances student learning and maximizes student achievement and success in all academic pathways, degrees, and general education courses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represents the college and serves as the key spokesperson for MDC General Education Learning Outcomes and Assessment to internal and external entities – at the college, the Florida State, regional, and national level.
- Fosters a collaborative, interdisciplinary academic and student-centered environment, aligned with the College mission, vision, strategic plan and priorities.
- Creates a shared vision of student success in general education gateway courses to strengthen retention and persistence rates, and to improve progression through completion of college-level courses and the attainment of a college credential.
- Directs and ensures faculty leadership and collaboration to identify College-wide program and discipline level student learning outcomes and to develop evaluation measures, including the design and validation of authentic assessment measures of student learning.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary faculty, academic and student services from multiple campuses at the College, designs and implements models of assessment and recommends strategies for improved student learning outcomes, academic skills acquisition, and success; and promotes college and career readiness, student-centered high impact teaching practices and advanced learning support.
- Works with discipline and faculty deans, chair, and faculty conveners of the general education disciplines to enact strategies that provide high visibility and support for the student success and completion of the Associate in Arts degree, the Associate in Science degrees, and related College Credit Certificates.
- Collaborates with the Office of Institutional Effectiveness to collect and analyze student learning assessment data using comprehensive databases and assessment portals in the development of statistical reports and related publications (including webpages) to improve student learning and academic programs and to support accreditation, program review, and other institutional effectiveness activities.
- Prepares college-wide action plans, grant reports and strategic enrollment management plans, in consultation with the Vice Provost of Academic Affairs, to facilitate alignment with college-wide strategic priorities.
- Coordinates, in collaboration with College Training and Development, professional development activities for faculty and staff to enhance their planning, research and assessment skills which will aid them in integrating teaching, learning, and assessment practices to improve student learning outcomes.
- Leads special projects and supports resource development activities, such as grant proposal writing, that will enhance the College’s efforts to assess and improve student learning.
- Provides consultation to academic and student affairs leadership for the utilization of assessment results to develop and implement action plans for improvement.
- Provides regular feedback to academic and student affairs leadership teams on various program review and evaluation initiatives related to assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Leads and participates in committees, task forces, and special programming efforts as appropriate.
- Collaborates in the development of class schedules, course offerings, academic advising, and student support services to meet student needs across the College while supporting the continuous development, review, and revision of academic curricula at the course level to assure quality and relevancy.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with local K-12 schools, colleges and universities, national and community-based organizations to promote and benefit enrollment, academic skills acquisition, successful learning outcomes and degree attainment.
- Master's degree in related field and six (6) years of relevant experience in a senior level management role and possess leadership and creative accomplishments in an institution of higher education; or bachelor’s degree in related field and ten (10) years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of current developments of general education reform and exemplary national practices in learning outcomes and assessment, focused on improved learning outcomes and student success.
To learn more about this and other positions at Miami Dade College visit us at www.mdc.edu/jobs.