New York Road Runners (NYRR) was founded in 1958 when a small group of passionate runners vowed to bring running to the people and has grown from a local running club into the world’s premier community running organization. NYRR’s mission is to help and inspire through running, aiming to empower people of all ages and abilities to improve their health and well-being through the power of running and fitness.
NYRR’s year-round offerings of races, community events, programs, and training resources provide hundreds of thousands of people with the motivation, know-how, and opportunities to start running and keep running for life. NYRR’s premier event, the famed TCS New York City Marathon, attracts the world’s top professional runners and committed amateurs alike, while also raising millions of dollars annually for charity and driving economic impact for New York City. NYRR is equally committed to the runners of tomorrow, passionately providing youth fitness programs that educate and inspire children in underserved communities in New York City, nationwide, and around the world.
Headquartered in New York City, NYRR is a 501(c)(3) organization. To learn more, please visit www.nyrr.org.
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About the Department
As part of the Finance team, The Procurement Department is a critical function within NYRR as there is an organization wide priority to redefine our sourcing strategies and enhance the procurement/purchasing processes. NYRR spends over $50M procuring various goods/services to support all the races, events and programs that are offered throughout NYC and surrounding areas.
About the Position
The Procurement Lead will strategically source various procurement categories. This person will assist the Head of Procurement in reducing costs and eliminating inefficiencies throughout the procurement cycle.
Job Responsibilities (primary and secondary duties):
- Engage with internal customers across functions to understand requirements for sourcing products and services
- Support Production Event Leads to determine needs, source vendors and ensure proper the sourcing and vendor documentation is completed in a timely manner including contracts, PO’s and certificates of insurance
- Engage in vendor management and resolve issues between vendors and internal clients
- Obtain preliminary quotes and final proposals
- Monitor purchasing activities to ensure compliance and adherence to best practices
- Work closely with Head of Procurement on various RFP’s
- Work closely with Sustainability to embed environmental sustainability of commodities to reduce the organizations footprint
- Assist the Head of Procurement in communicating and championing procurement policies and procedures
- Working with Finance and budget owners to help establish budgetary needs
- Assist Head of Procurement in ongoing process improvements
- 3+ experience in Finance, Operations Planning or Procurement
- Experience in a Procurement related capacity preferred
- Events related experience preferred
- Experience in negotiating with vendors
- Working knowledge of Purchase Orders, contracts, the RFP process and negotiating skills
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Skills and Attributes:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of NetSuite preferred
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Salary Range: $60,000-$75,000/year