Engineering Technologist - Dallas, TX (Entry Level)
Please explore our website to learn more about ESi: www.engsys.com
What We Can Offer You
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401k with employer match
- Pet Insurance
- Access to Wellbeats – on-demand fitness & wellbeing videos
- Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- 9 paid holidays (8 standard holidays and 1 floating holiday)
- 30-minute fitness break available in addition to 1-hour lunch break
- Business casual dress code and positive working environment
- Room for growth and continuing education opportunities
About This Role
Do you love to take things apart and put them back together again? Do you have a mechanical aptitude and an endless fascination for what makes things tick? Officially, you’ll be a technologist -- operating, planning, and assisting with the use of the ESi-Dallas laboratory equipment and machine shop. As one of the go-to technology resources for our laboratory and machine shop, you’ll be working on projects of all shapes and sizes, constantly learning and leveraging your expertise to bring context and understanding to our clients.
But that’s just scraping the surface. You’ll be part of a creative team, working alongside technical experts in almost every field – adding your insights to theirs and arming yourself and our clients with the inside scoop on their problems, and then helping them tell the story of what happened and why.
- Conducts laboratory testing (destructive and non-destructive) using specified test standards and practices.
- Prepares laboratory reports including lab test data and photo documentation. Participates in laboratory inspections.
- Assists with machine shop utilization and upkeep.
- Assists with industrial CT/X-ray services.
- Assists with maintenance and calibration schedules for shop and laboratory equipment.
- Travels occasionally to assist in failure investigations or business development as required.
- Assists consultants in formulating test, calibration, repair, and evaluation plans and procedures.
- Participates in fabricating, installing, and modifying equipment to ensure that critical standards are met.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Associate’s / Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering discipline or related experience and/or training
- High technical and computer competency required.
- CAD/computer graphics experience a plus.
- Will be working on advanced-level software products to operate the equipment.
- Ability to diagnose and replace computer hardware or other electronic components is a bonus.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office.
Other Skills/Abilities or Other Qualifications
- An appetite and aptitude for science and technology are paramount.
- Non-destructive testing experience a plus.
- Lab equipment usage – SEM/EDS, optical microscopy, metrology, radiography, and mechanical testing a plus.
- Agility and adaptability: You learn quickly and tackle new projects with gusto. You thrive in an environment where change is the only constant and are eager to take on the next challenge.
- Client-Focus – You are passionate about our helping our clients. You want to help solve their problems and know that requires first understanding their need.
- Collaborative – You are personable, and helpful and enjoy working with others. You are unafraid to challenge the status quo and you know how to do it diplomatically. Everyone you’ve worked with has great things to say about you.
- Dependability – Whether it’s showing up on time and ready to work, helping a coworker, or delivering a client project, you can be counted on. You listen, follow instructions, and respond well to directions.
- Ethics and integrity - You take responsibility for your actions and follow through on commitments; you inspire the trust of others.
- Quality – You’re relentless in your quest for quality. You take pride in always producing complete, neat, accurate, and timely work and you’re always on the hunt for ways to do things better.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, walk, crawl, climb and lift up to 50 lbs. Work may occasionally need to be reformed at various heights, out of doors in varied climate extremes.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. This position includes work in a variety of environments including office, laboratory, industrial, construction, and outside. Noise levels, and temperature, according to the work environment. When appropriate employees will be required to use suitable PPE.
It is the policy of ESI, as an equal opportunity employer, to attract and retain the best-qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status. ESI is committed to recruiting, hiring, and promoting people with disabilities, as well as veterans. If you need assistance with completing the electronic application, please email your request to email@example.com