Internship 2023 - Operations (West)
BNSF Logistics is a technology and people-driven third-party logistics company that delivers what matters – to our people, our customers, our carriers, and our communities. BNSF Logistics is a place where diverse talent works together every day in an inclusive way to create and implement the best ideas to help us DELIVER WHAT MATTERS. We achieve this through our commitment to our Guiding Principles which helps us create the ultimate competitive advantage in the marketplace.
We PROTECT THE WELL-BEING OF OURSELVES AND OTHERS
We DRIVE INNOVATION AND EMBRACE TRANSFORMATION
We RESPECT AND SERVE EVERYONE
We KEEP OUR COMMITMENTS
We FOSTER A COLLABORATIVE AND INCLUSIVE COMMUNITY
We CELEBRATE AND ENJOY THE JOURNEY!
The OTR Operations Intern will be part of the West operations team within our Over the Road (OTR) department during the course of this 10-week summer experience. You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects. This experience will help you grow both professionally and personally.
This position can be located in either Salt Lake City, UT (preferred); Kansas City, MO; Schaumburg, IL; or Los Angeles, CA
In this exciting opportunity as an intern, you will enjoy:
- Full-time, paid work
- 1:1 mentorship
- Intern specific events & projects
- Career development
- Peer & senior level networking
- Opportunity to participate in Employee Resource Groups
The OTR Operations Intern will take part in daily activities as part of the carrier sales team for the west operations region. Daily activities will include:
- Input carrier capacity in our proprietary system to inquire and document carrier’s available capacity to match Company’s freight needs.
- Establish and maintain relationships within the carrier operations team.
- Prospect for new carriers through cold calling.
- Negotiate beyond price to demonstrate value for the carrier.
- Work with network sales to source loads for their available capacity.
- Resolving issues that might arise concerning covered freight in collaboration with Customer Service.
- Currently pursuing a degree in business, sales, supply chain or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills to interact with internal and external customers
- A high level of interest in learning and desire for coaching
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be perform duties outside of normal requirements from time to time.
BNSF Logistics is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.