Information Technology Student Trainee Undergraduate Internship
IMPORTANT: In order for your application to be considered you MUST apply through usajobs.gov.
This internship opportunity is located in the Office of Information Systems and Technology Services (ISTS)/The Enterprise Architecture and Application Group (EAAG) - works closely with stakeholders, including management, agency executives, and subject matter experts (SME), to develop views of the agency's strategy, information, processes, and IT assets. Team members lead strategic technological planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing technology initiatives in collaboration with other teams and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technologies.
Specific duties include:
- Support IT investment analysis and decision making in support of business priorities.
- Obtain an understanding of the GAO IT governance process to capture changes to the technology architecture.
- Perform duties associated with technology data analysis, maintenance, and publication of roadmaps.
- Solicit and collaborate with stakeholders for updates to the strategic initiatives sequencing plan.
- Capture, analyze, and report quantitative measures.
- Attend and collaborate in Enterprise Architecture meetings.
- Execute self-study and professional research related to enterprise architecture standards and new technology related to the IT Strategy and/or GAO business requests.
Interns at GAO are assigned a supervisor in their work unit that assigns day-to-day work responsibilities and provides regular feedback and professional support. Interns participate in training relevant to their work assignments and have the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of GAOwide learning and development opportunities.