Consultant, Transaction Tax Compliance
The Consultant, Tax Compliance Services (“Consultant”) performs the duties of the client’s sales tax department, which includes preparation of the monthly state and local sales and use tax returns. The Consultant will interact with all levels of the team (Senior Consultant, Team Leader, Director, and Principal) and will correspond with the clients through e-mail and telephone on a daily basis throughout compliance season.
Duties and responsibilities, as they align to Ryan’s Key Results
- Create a positive team member experience.
- Prepares and updates agendas for client and team status calls.
- Corresponds with clients regarding the status of projects.
- Prepares sales and use tax returns using compliance software.
- Processes Internet filings of tax returns.
- Reconciles sales and use tax payable accounts.
- Manipulates tax data in Microsoft® Excel and/or Access.
- Maintains control documents in Microsoft® Word, Excel, and/or Access.
- Prepares journal entries.
- Reconciles bank statements.
- Prepares checks.
- Resolves notices and assessments from taxing authorities.
- Assists with filing and maintaining business licenses.
- Prepares compliance process documentation for new clients.
- Identifies and implements process improvements.
- Transitions new clients to the Firm’s technology solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Accounting Information Systems, Finance, or Business Administration. Must have 6 hours of Accounting with a 3.0 GPA or higher, and a Major GPA of 3.25 or higher. Zero to two years related experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have advanced skills in Microsoft® Word and Internet navigation and research, and intermediate skills in Excel. Beginner level skills are also necessary in Microsoft® Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver’s license required. A valid Passport is preferred.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Standard indoor working environment.
• Occasional long periods of sitting while working at computer.
• Position requires regular interaction with employees at all levels of the Firm in person and via e-mail and telephone.
• Position requires regular interaction with clients and interface with external vendors in person and via e-mail and telephone.
• Independent travel requirement: Up to 10-20%.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran